Gotta love reality TV

John Steigerwald

Post (On a highly rated network series): We're having major audio problems!  You guys are messing up the audio in the field! You're not iso'ing the talent!

Me: There's only two tracks on the camera, if I have two people or less, they get their own channel.  If there's more, the main talent is iso'd on one and the rest mixed to two.  I tried to multitrack the show but you guys didn't want to pay for it.

Me: No, 3 and 4 are camera mic with an AGC circuit.

Me: I only have two channels available to me.

Me: I remember that scene, and I remember splitting them.

Post: Well we could hear the other person on the first persons' track.  You didn't iso them.

Me: You mean the scene where they were standing a foot apart yelling at each other?

Post: Yes.  Everything was ok when they split up, but that part was mixed together.

Me: That would be called 'Bleed'.

Me: Invest in some plexiglas?

Hang up, shake head, proceed to bar.

[/rant]

Holy SH**, that's funny!  Hey man, I just wanted to say HI and hang in there -- I just got off the phone with Clifford and he said you guys are getting hosed.  Obviously, he wasn't kidding.  I can't believe they're not letting you guys run a Metacorder rig or something.  It sounds like you're "casting pearls before swine" so to speak.  At least it's a steady gig.  Maybe next season they'll splurge for multitracking.  Hang in there man.  I feel your pain.