CL-WiFi Review

Tyler Faison

Excellent real-world review. Thanks for that.

My friends at SD tell me that an update for the CL-WIFI is coming very soon. As is their style, no details were offered but, we know that they are good listeners over there. I am looking forward to the continued evolution of this product.

SJ

Dfw,

Nice review, I'm curious if you attempted to tweak the power output or channel selection of the starlinx?  I realize that camera dept may get nervous about this but I've found that often those video transmiters are goosed up to some ridiculous output levels.. Often for no good reason. 

I would agree that pdf output is crucial, as is output routing. 

"producer" mode would be interesting..  If they could also figure out a way to send audio over it all the better.

Starlinx are probably the worst product professionally used IMO. In my experience they just spray RF, and multiple Starlinx TX cause intermod (when within 2 - 3 feet of each other) no matter how much you try to plan for and work around it.

Oh yes and since the producers already have to stand about 2 feet away to get them to work, forget turning the RF output down =)

Is it possible to cut and paste the review here, so it's not just an exercise in increasing traffic to your blog?

Tell ya what, Jon. If you remove the link in your sig, I'll copy and paste the review right here. Im very sorry for inconveniencing you. Show some love man! It's half education, half marketing. Is that really such a bad thing?

• 2 weeks later...

The CL-WiFi app on the iPhone/iPad has an update available.  With that and the 2.15 update on the 788T, I think a few things will run smoother.  I had trouble getting the WEP64 security to work with the 2.15 788T and 1.0.0 app version, but it looks like they need each other to function.  No mention of that anywhere else.