DPA 4061 user opinions and rewire for lectro

RadoStefanov

I should have said further that the calls at "five to five" on Friday(!) are called Maxi-Mouse calls.

LEF

The calls at "five to five" are called Mouse calls because they always seem to be from a musician who owns a Lectrosonics Mouse Amp from 15 years ago, who has a gig tomorrow and has just discovered that his batteries are dead and he's misplaced his charger. Can we get a charger right out so he can have it tomorrow?  We are used to it. ;-)  If the phones are still on, we'll answer it and smile.

Best,

Larry F

Lectro

Hi ,

I am using DPA 4071 with Lectro SMQV and SMV and they sound really great . Sometimes in a really wide shot's when there is no chance for a booming  , listening only lav's they sound almost  like a boom mic !

They are great

Novica Jankov

Noni,

Have you been able to compare the sound of the 4071 to the 406X series of mics?  I'm curious if you find the frequency response curve of the 4071 to be better for location work than the 406X?  (natural hpf and vocal range boost).

Also, I see that the 4071 needs 5v from the transmitter so no zax transmitters with this mic?

Hi Derek ,

I didn't have a chance to compare with any different model of DPA , I  decide to order 4071 . Comparing to COS 11 , 4071 to my ears sound 's more natural . There is less "sss" sibilants , and it sound more like a "big microphone". I like low cut 100 Hz , and 5 db boost at 4-6 kHz  gives what you need for good voice . Can't say that I am not still using COS 11 for time to time when I need it for a better hiding  , but 4071 is my choice now. For working with Lectro smqv or smv I need microdot TA-5F switchcraft , don't know for zax tx. Of course If you have any chance it will be good to make a test of  two three different mic's . My boom mic is CMIT 5u and 4071 goes very well with it .

Best

Noni

The DPA microdot connector for all our 5 pin UHF transmitters is DAD3056. It has the same wiring as on our site for the pig tail version of the mic.

Best,

Larry F

Lectro

Hi Derek ,

I didn't have a chance to compare with any different model of DPA , I  decide to order 4071 . Comparing to COS 11 , 4071 to my ears sound 's more natural . There is less "sss" sibilants , and it sound more like a "big microphone". I like low cut 100 Hz , and 5 db boost at 4-6 kHz  gives what you need for good voice . Can't say that I am not still using COS 11 for time to time when I need it for a better hiding  , but 4071 is my choice now. For working with Lectro smqv or smv I need microdot TA-5F switchcraft , don't know for zax tx. Of course If you have any chance it will be good to make a test of  two three different mic's . My boom mic is CMIT 5u and 4071 goes very well with it .

Best

Noni

" so no zax transmitters with this mic? "

My guess is that if the Zax TX doesn't put out 5V bias voltage for a DPA 4061, it also does not put out 5V bias voltage for a DPA 4071.

there is a 4073 that is not listed on the site that is the low voltage version of the 4071.