lav mounting... somewhere between moleskin and transpore tape?

johnpaul215

I'm working on a doc series and am finding myself in a few situations where I want to use transpore tape for the lavs. I have some reluctance because I find that transpore leaves some residue on the clothes, especially when it is hot out (today is going to hit 90F). Is there a tape I am missing that has the adhesive quality of moleskin, but the slick backing of transpore?

The subjects are wearing their own personal clothes, and we wire them every day (sometimes more than once a day). I don't want to mess up their clothes with the build-up of adhesive.

Vampire clips work well.

As a utility guy, I used to stick tape to my clothes all the time. Only problems occurred when forgetting it was there and washing and drying clothes. In those cases some residue was present, but the clothes weren't ruined. 

Transpore Tape reside will wash off as long as you take the tape off before you wash and dry the shirt. So I won't worry about it

I have a couple of expensive Under Armor shirts that have big marks from where I washed the shirt with tape on it.

Thanks guys... I guess my tape issues were from sticking it to my jeans when I remove it from the wired person... and leaving it in when washing them.

We have one guy that keeps getting tattoo work on his chest, so he's in a constant state of chest hair stubble and usually wearing a t-shirt. Not moleskin friendly!

+1

Used this method for a month sticking the rycote on the clothing just between...."what is the politically correct term" breast.

Works very good for women.

It was not very good for men. The koalas were visible under 1 shirt.

Jp, worth a try:  Rycote stickies with a furry facing the chest under the shirt.  I recently used this method (learned here most likely) to solve a nasty chest hair issue where all other methods failed.