Australian Spectrum sell off

Peter Mega

That's brilliant. I'm thinking about collating all this data (postcode based search, which resolves into nearby frequency) and building into an iphone app. Perhaps even one that can work out your location (like a local weather app I have) and can show you what's around you...? But definitely that you can type in a postcode and pre-plan.

And I thought I gave up any reason to do coding when I left high-school...

That would be a very cool app, I'd buy it!!

The ACMA post code search is good but there's still not one place to see all the info needed, like callsign, location and frequency. I have to cross reference 2 or 3 different docs to find out what I'm looking for.

Its time consuming but its better than going in blind to another state/city/town and then trying to figure it out on location.

Your idea for an app would solve that!!

Cheers

Mega

• 2 weeks later...

Maybe a good thing for us Aussies to do is every time we are in a new location, do a quick scan on whatever Lectro blocks you have, take a quick pic on the iPhone and post it to a thread including the block & location. I'll try and remember to do it tomorrow...

From that, a map could be made with little pin markers on it, you click on the marker and check out the scan, location, and block. Oh, and date would be good too I guess.

OK, I've started a new thread here: http://jwsoundgroup.net/index.php/topic/8334-lectro-scans-australia/

I have no idea if it is even worth the effort or if it will help anyone at all. I guess if more people start taking pics of scans and posting them to the thread it might become useful, or then again the whole spectrum may change and all the data will be useless. Who knows...

• 2 years later...

HI,

Now that analog TV transmitters have been switched off (actually some still in use in remote areas)...here's some info

Here's a page on the ACMA site you might find useful.

http://www.acma.gov.au/Industry/Suppliers/A-Type-of-equipment/WirelessMicrophones/available-spectrum-for-wireless-audio-transmitters

Also these pdf docs attached.

2014JanuaryTVRadio_Handbook_tv_8 pdf.pdf

2014JanuaryTVRadio_Handbook_tv_7 pdf.pdf

Also, for the latest Google Earth data to drop into Google Earth. Shows all transmitters in Australia. (love this!!!) Go to..

http://www.acma.gov.au/Industry/Spectrum/Radiocomms-licensing/Apparatus-licences/list-of-licensed-broadcasting-transmitters

Example of page below

Broadcast Transmitter Data

The Broadcast Transmitter Data contains licensed transmitter data and additional technical data to the Radio and Television Broadcasting Stations Book. You can download it in Microsoft Excel 2003, Access 2003 or Google Earth KMZ formats.

The Broadcast Transmitter Data is published during the first week of each month.

Current edition

Download the current edition of the Broadcast Transmitter Data, dated 02 February 2014: