Thumb screw for SM belt clip.

LarryF

I have about 12 prototype thumbscrews for all the SM series belt clips. It is a small disc with an Allen setscrew embedded in it to replace the current Allen setscrew and wrench setup. The prototype can be tightened and loosened with just your fingers making it easy to add or remove the belt clip. I can't find the original thread where I said we'd take a look at this. Anyhoo, the first 10 readers that send me a mailing address will get a prototype to play with. They are not anodized and pretty but they work well.

Best,

Larry F

Lectro

larryf@lectrosonics.com

Thanks, Peter. I'll try that. My Lectro inbox was pretty full this morning with thumbscrew requests (21 messages). I haven't been through them yet, but I'll send out the first 10 proto's and then keep the other messages for a second round. As a consolation prize, the second round will be nicely anodized.

Best,

Larry F

Lectro

Thanks, Peter. I'll try that. My Lectro inbox was pretty full this morning with thumbscrew requests (21 messages). I haven't been through them yet, but I'll send out the first 10 proto's and then keep the other messages for a second round. As a consolation prize, the second round will be nicely anodized.

Best,

Larry F

Lectro

Hope I made the cut!!!  Thank you....

Hi Peter,

Stacy Brownrigg pointed out that the original thumbscrew thread was on the Lectro Yahoo group site. No wonder (!) I couldn't find it on JWS. I've got to remember to take my memory pills in the morning.

Cheers,

Larry F

Lectro

Larry,

Go to your profile page and click on "show posts".

Every post you ever made will come up and you can/should be able to find what your looking for that way.

Cheers

Peter Mega

Hi Bob,

Yes! It was on this forum. It's good to know I'm not losing what's left of my mind. Send me an address and quantity and I'll (eventually) send you some production pieces. If nothing else they can be spares. The Lectro pieces are about half the thickness or less of what you pictured. We are trying to keep things compact. There still seems to be more than enough surface to get sufficient grip. We will probably ship the current set screw and Allen wrench for the situations where the talent might have "restless" fingers and also include the new thumbscrew for ease of use.

Best,

Larry F

Lectro

Here's a link to my original post for an SM thumbscrew and here's Larry's reply.

(I must've seen Stacy's idea first on the Lectro forum)

Bob Marts

• 2 months later...

Our thought is that there may be times when you want to use the other supplied hex set screws without the thumb wheel, to keep talent from screwing with the clip, so to speak. Plus, I'm not sure how we'd retain it anyway.

One note: The thumbscrews won't work with the dual battery (SMQv) wire belt clip. There's not enough clearance for the wheel. We are making a slightly modified style that moves the wire mounting holes. This requires a different main aluminum oval with the holes in a different position. All 5 of the other style clips work fine. This error was caught by one of the beta testers.

Best,

Larry F

Lectro

Got my Thumb screws yesterday. Great work Larry. They're awesome. No if we could just keep them from coming all the way out...

The thumbscrews will be shipped with the belt clips and/or the SM's in the near future. If you need some, send me an email at larryf@lectrosonics.com with your shipping address and quantity of units you have and I'll have some shipped at N/C.

The crew at Lectro doesn't know about the thumbscrews because some of them don't read JWS. Therefore, they are a month behind on skunk works projects like this.

Best Regards,

Larry Fisher

Lectrosonics

hi larry-

when we these be available for order? I talked to the guys in your shop a few weeks ago and they had no idea what I was talking about LOL

thanks

Brian

Hi Michael,

Here are some pictures. We found that we can make these out of solid stainless steel for about 1/4th the cost that we can make them in two parts, anodize, then assemble and Loctite. So they will not be anodized blue aluminum like in these pictures but they will be exactly the same size and shape, just silvery.

Best,

Larry F

Lectro

Any pictures of these?

post-125-0-49899300-1312919164.jpg

post-125-0-51182100-1312919207.jpg

Hi Michael,

Here are some pictures. We found that we can make these out of solid stainless steel for about 1/4th the cost that we can make them in two parts, anodize, then assemble and Loctite. So they will not be anodized blue aluminum like in these pictures but they will be exactly the same size and shape, just silvery.

Best,

Larry F

Lectro

Thanks Larry, since I came late to this thread, are these available on their own, yet? I have about 16 clips that would love to use these.

Check that, only 8, others are SMQv size, and I see these won't work with those.

Hi Michael,

Send me an email with an address and the number you need. The thumbscrews will work with the clothespin style SMQv metal belt clip but not with the current SMQv wire belt clip.

Best,

Larry F

Lectro

Thanks Larry, since I came late to this thread, are these available on their own, yet? I have about 16 clips that would love to use these.

Check that, only 8, others are SMQv size, and I see these won't work with those.