Mac OS Lion

Jeff Wexler

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow...

Emulate iPad on OSX.It's truly revolutionary ... My main reason for not liking the iOS is now coming to my MAC.

Enhanced Expose that no one really uses anyways. I am sure they locked it so it can not be taken off or customized.

Airbag?????? Revolutionary. I am not even going to comment on this.

Imac Touch. As if the Mac touch pad was not hard to operate already. Cut the crap and give me a right click button!!!!

Now lets see how many software and drivers have to be changed because of Lion.

Don't hate me for not finding anything revolutionary in Lion.

If anyone has any doubts about Mac OS vs. Windows whatever, watch what can be done with Lion. So many things that really cannot even be accomplished with any other operating system.WATCH the WWDC Presentation

while I have been working on a Mac for years, I felt kind of set back and restricted when I recently used an iPad a couple of times. While this seems to be the direction Apple is heading towards, I'm not quite sure if I will like that as much as I've come to like the mac until today (like only being able to buy software from the AppStore, nowhere else...)

If anyone has any doubts about Mac OS vs. Windows whatever, watch what can be done with Lion. So many things that really cannot even be accomplished with any other operating system.

WATCH the WWDC Presentation

Well to keep things in balance, here is a video of the next version of Windows:  With a complete touch screen interface along with continued support of the mouse and Keyboard based applications without sacrifice.  I'm not sure what you refer to Mac Lion  as doing "many things that cannot be accomplished with any other operating system"  Windows 8 still lets you still run Windows 7 apps  while using a touch interface on touch screen driven devices

Whats funny about the video is that it is apparent that most sound people use Macs because Microsoft couldn't seem to find one to work on it's demo video and went with sound from the crappy built-in camera Mic.

-----Courtney

I am probably clumsy because on my mac book pro I have to press very carefully to get the right click.

I'm not usually one to wade into religious discussions, but...

There is a right-click button - it just happens to be the same as the left-click button. But works just the same.

Cheers,

Rich

Windows 95 had resizing from every edge.

And for organizing windows SNAP function on W7 is the best.

A few OSX paid service packs ago it took Pro Tools 9 months to get it working.

That is a lot of minutes.

The same goes for drivers. Only RME has had the drivers ready on day one.

Resize windows from any edge = win

Mission Control looks great. I use Expose all the time, and Mission Control looks even better.

$29 = win

But I won't update until all of my favorite audio applications give it the thumbs up, which could take a minute.

(:

That is what I use.

I hate the 2 finger click. I like to rest my thumb on the pad.

And under boot camp w7 the two finger click is the only option and so sensitive that it is impossible to use.

Try: System Preferences->Trackpad->Secondary click, and you can assign what gives you the secondary click, or the aforementioned right click.  It can even be assigned to *Gasp* work one handed in case of that impending accident.

I say use whatever suits you.

There are many good options now.

Obviously too nerdy for most, but their are many innovative linux distributions available these days. 

I'm currently running Ubuntu 11 on an ibm thinkpad x series..  I love it for my basic travel laptop. 

There are things in both camps that irritate me at times.  For example, I couldn't watch the video in the link Jeff originally posted because Apple will not allow quick time to work on androids phones and was not near a full computer.  I really dislike their proprietary aspects. 

With windows I dislike their clunky-ui... Though out seems they are improving it with their latest products.

All I know is that for years I've worked in studios where I've had a Mac and a PC at the same time, and I had weekly issues with my PC, but over the years, have never had any issues with the Mac. Even now, at K-Tek I have a MacBook Pro, and a PC. I left for lunch today, and my PC was fine. I came back, went to do a search in windows live mail, and the whole computer went kaput. It's trying to "fix" itself now. I am doing this post on my MacBook Pro. I haven't watched the presentation on Lion, but I'm not crazy about touch screen interfaces that aren't a phone, no matter the operating system.

There are things in both camps that irritate me at times.  For example, I couldn't watch the video in the link Jeff originally posted because Apple will not allow quick time to work on androids phones and was not near a full computer.  I really dislike their proprietary aspects.

The link was to a regular website, Apple, that had a Quicktime movie. Any modern browser should be able to play Quicktime so the problem seems to be that the browser Android phones use does not support Quicktime? So, nothing proprietary about it --- just choices. Android browser doesn't support Quicktime, Apple (Safari) browser doesn't support Flash. It's annoying either way.