Mac OS Lion

Jeff Wexler

Well you just shared my frustration with Apple.

That would never happened in the microsoft free society.

In the tyrannic Apple society dictatorship rules all - freedom, manufacturing and innovation.

Now everything bellow is an joke that I made up while riding so do not go after me:

People who follow Apple blindly are communist.

One Party - One company Apple

One Dear Leader - Steve Jobs

One Idea... The Dear leader's Idea.

Propaganda......

The same as communism...

Apple wants people to download content including movies, TV from iTunes. Don't think Blu-Ray is going to be part of the plan... ever.

R

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well you just shared my frustration with Apple.

That would never happened in the microsoft free society.

In the tyrannic Apple society dictatorship rules all - freedom, manufacturing and innovation.

Now everything bellow is an joke that I made up while riding so do not go after me:

People who follow Apple blindly are communist.

One Party - One company Apple

One Dear Leader - Steve Jobs

One Idea... The Dear leader's Idea.

Propaganda......

The same as communism...

Now that you have exercised your 1st amendment right I will exercise mine.  Give it a rest Rado this post is a bit excessive

I am a proud American and not a communist but I proudly use and promote my apple products. Apple has made my life much easier and I tell everyone I know who has a Microsoft powered computer to go Mac. If you don't like apple products then don't buy them support microsoft that is your right but clam it down a bit and contribute something of value to the discussion and no just rhetoric. 

Rado,

With all due respect, if you are unhappy with any product, don't buy it or use it.

This is the beauty of a free society; you have the freedom to say (almost) anything you want, live any where you want, work any where you want, earn as much money as you want, without the "state" telling you niet.

Even with the current political ranting from both sides - this is sill the free-ist society on earth and you of all people should know this, coming from an Eastern block country that lived under the fist of oppression and totalitarianism.

Your enthusiastic and bombastic remarks are appreciated, but for your own health, take a breath, look around, smile and say; I'm free, I'm living in the U.S.A!

Communism made life easier too.

Free health care. Free education.

99% home ownership.

Almost no crime.

(; (; (;

Man I said am joking.

I like some Apple and they almost won me over around 2005 when they became PC.

I am just getting sick of the HYPE every time apple farts.

Now that you have exercised your 1st amendment right I will exercise mine.  Give it a rest Rado this post is a bit excessive

I am a proud American and not a communist but I proudly use and promote my apple products. Apple has made my life much easier and I tell everyone I know who has a Microsoft powered computer to go Mac. If you don't like apple products then don't buy them support microsoft that is your right but clam it down a bit and contribute something of value to the discussion and no just rhetoric.

Absolutely agree!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOVE THE USA.

Now if only Apple relaxes their Iron Fist and stops kicking down doors trying to arrest journalists, suing teenegers  and improves the conditions in their labor camps.

THE LAST ONE GOES FOR PC MANUFACTURERS AS WELL.

But again it all started by saying nothing revolutionary in the LION.

I apologies I did not mean to turn the descussion in to a PC vs Mac fight.

But I guess on this forum I should have known better.

Rado,

With all due respect, if you are unhappy with any product, don't buy it or use it.

This is the beauty of a free society; you have the freedom to say (almost) anything you want, live any where you want, work any where you want, earn as much money as you want, without the "state" telling you niet.

Even with the current political ranting from both sides - this is sill the free-ist society on earth and you of all people should know this, coming from an Eastern block country that lived under the fist of oppression and totalitarianism.

Your enthusiastic and bombastic remarks are appreciated, but for your own health, take a breath, look around, smile and say; I'm free, I'm living in the U.S.A!

I thought there were some pretty revolutionary things in Lion, although I have to admit I'm not on the up and up on all the third party programs out there for PC and what they can allow you to do. I guess what I personally like about what Apple is doing with Lion is that it's all in there....AND...I can just download it from the app store for just $30 bucks (since I have the latest/greatest macbook pro). For me, the new mail, launchpad, gestures, versions...and pretty much everything else of the top 10 things they showed in their presentation have me on board...although I have to admit, I'll probably wait a little before I make the switch. I don't even trust apple to have something working perfectly right out of the gate, and I'm not going to be a guinea pig. I'll probably wait until they get to 10.7.2 or 10.7.3 until I switch over.

The Lisa was never a "General Public" computer.  At $8000 to $10,000 it was a commercial failure. 

The Xerox Star office system was the first to use Englebert's mouse and the Desktop graphical interface.

My first PC in 1982 had a Microsoft Mouse that worked in DOS and Windows 2.0.  Word for DOS came with the Mouse.

----Courtney

I recorded the early demo videos for the Xerox Star (w/ mouse)--that became a $20k+ failure, well deserved due to its clunkiness.  I also did the demos for the Lisa--they were briefly in vogue and sold quite a few, which was all one could sell at that time.  I don't recall them being quite that expensive, and I thought it worked very well compared to the DOS-based PCs and the Apple II  we had then. 

phil p

Thanks Jeff.

BTW without sounding the same as an apple fan the windows phone 7 UI is so slick. Sometimes when you stop by a cell phone store just check it out.

And to prove that I am not a brand fan. The wp6.X non HTC UI was the worst piece of software ever made. The 6.X had everything you need but looked horrible and going trough the UI was a PiTA...

No harm, no foul. I thoroughly enjoy these topics (rants? evangelism? lunacy?) and I appreciate all that you do Rado, you are an important part of this group.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Let's hope none of those 3 boots kicks you in the back.

Other than the routine maintenance you'd normally do before a change in the OS on a machine, everything's been pretty smooth. The biggest obstacle and perhaps the kick in the back is the App Store itself. While today is probably a high demand day for the bandwidth Apple has allotted, the weak link appears to be the App Store and it's servers. iDisk and .mac seem speedy by comparison and Apple has work to do to make the store the primary conduit for OS sales and upgrades.

Lion is pretty, but it's different. The scrolling direction thing is less disturbing than apparently full sized windows that try to scroll, for example. I'll have to spend more time with it before I decide if it's an improvement from this era or a Scully era improvement.

Best regards,

Jim

Extensive review on Ars Technica:

http://arstechnica.c...c-os-x-10-7.ars

Wow! Ars Technica has really put in the effort to write the most extensive and thoughtful review of Lion I have ever read. I'm only up to about page 9 and my head is spinning. There have really been a lot of interface changes. I don't think their is going to be a lot of "love at first sight" experiences with Lion but I hope that the gradual acceptance of Lion will not have equal parts of love and hate. We'll see.