RF Splitter education

Michael P Clark

Well... It's made from bicycle parts.  A "goose neck", and a carbon fiber handle bar.  PCB are

mounted with a rubber compression piece used on mountain bikes.  I bought all the parts at

http://wheelworld.com/  ,  in Culver city, ca.  I used my drill press to "carve out" the top of the

goose neck, and then to drill holes on the bottom for the BNC .  There is no " ground wire". ????

Carbon Fiber does not reflect or bounce any "RF", but will absorb some RF.  I have no idea if

this works better than any other set up.

Doing it my way, Coleman

PS, This is still not an  answer for a stupid director.....

"There is no " ground wire". ????"

- The bottom pic appears to have a wire crimped near the hole on the handle bar, that's all. And after closer examination, I don't see anything connected to that wire, so I wanted to pull that statement back after the fact.

How do the 3 BNC interface with the 2 LP's? Is one being split and the other isn't?

Again, nice setup! Tons of ideas here guys, thanks!

Michael,

the past 3 years I set up the SD Chargers home games with two wireless parabolic mic systems. (not this past year however, they purchased them when clear channel took over the radio broadcasts)

trying to cover the entire 100 yards both ways and over 100 yards accross and up to the radio booth. we used 1- lectro dipole and 1- sharkfin and never had a single "drop out"or  rf hit of any kind. the gear used was 411's w/high powered tx's and 15' low loss rf cable.

when trying to cover any distance the setup above worked the best. and when using the standard rf setup (on a cart in a sound stage) the sharkfins work great. check out the PSC wide band sharkfins. the price is right, and the bnc connectors are very durable.

remember to use low loss and short rf cables (under 25')