uploading jpgs

Bob Marts

My attempts to upload pictures on the new site continue to fail.

Is there something different that I should do - that is, different than on the old site?

Bob

I also tried to upload a pic as well and it did not attach though no error message was given I just tried again with this post and it didn't work either

I also tried to upload a pic as well and it did not attach though no error message was given I just tried again with this post and it didn't work either

I also just noticed next to attach this file button it says 3.41mb of your 500K global upload quota. Jeff I think you need to look at file upload size and file size settings

It all should be working thigh the procedure - steps you take are somewhat different. Below the message area there is a button "Click to Attach Files". That should open the choice to choose a file on your computer to upload. Once uploaded, you can select "Add to Post" and the image should display within the message wherever you have put the cursor before you selected "Add to Post" Otherwise, images will appear as an attachment below the message post. I will try all of this now with another image of Brett's cart. You will not see the image until you hit POST or, in this case, Add Reply. You will only see the attachment link at the cursor point if you have chosen to Add to Post.

post-1-0-69857700-1308611544.jpg

Still get Error message: "failed to upload - Used 7.08MB of your 1000K global upload quota (Max. single file size: 20MB)"

Does this mean I'm not allowed to upload pictures unless I delete the pictures on my old posts?

I am quite confused by this. I increased the global upload quota to 1000k in case that was the problem. I don't want people to have to delete images so maybe I have to make it so there is no global limit. I am going to make it for no global limit and see what happens. I don't see any reason why you would be up against a limit since there are lots of others, me include, who have uploaded hundreds of images in the past. You might take a look at your personal setting where I believe you can Manage attachments (maybe that is only an admin thing)... I will look at your membership and see if I can find anything weird relating to attachments.

Sorry for the inconvenience and the problem, I'm sure we can sort it out.

Jeff, I think you way want to increase the upload limit a bit more. 1000k is just 1 meg. That's nothin'. Even if people are optimizing their images, it doesn't take long to reach the 1 meg limit... but I don't think it's safe to assume that everyone does that.

I am quite confused by this. I increased the global upload quota to 1000k in case that was the problem. I don't want people to have to delete images so maybe I have to make it so there is no global limit. I am going to make it for no global limit and see what happens. I don't see any reason why you would be up against a limit since there are lots of others, me include, who have uploaded hundreds of images in the past. You might take a look at your personal setting where I believe you can Manage attachments (maybe that is only an admin thing)... I will look at your membership and see if I can find anything weird relating to attachments.

Sorry for the inconvenience and the problem, I'm sure we can sort it out.

I guess you fixed me up, Jeff!

Thanks - Bob

post-52-0-12939800-1308622136.jpg

• 1 month later...

Still get Error message: "failed to upload - Used 7.08MB of your 1000K global upload quota (Max. single file size: 20MB)"

Does this mean I'm not allowed to upload pictures unless I delete the pictures on my old posts?

This is the same error message i get when I try to attach a picture. I was sure that it was just me.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hello Jeff.

I keep on having the same problem while uploading a new profile photo. The first time, I get an error message: Your file was not uploaded. The next time it's just uploading it continuously without any effect. I have chosen photos larger than 200px. Also different photos were chosen. I'm working on a Mac, in a safari browser. However I do not seem to have the same problem on another board running the same script. I double checked that. So.......what am I doing wrong? ;)

Hello Jeff.

I keep on having the same problem while uploading a new profile photo. The first time, I get an error message: Your file was not uploaded. The next time it's just uploading it continuously without any effect. I have chosen photos larger than 200px. Also different photos were chosen. I'm working on a Mac, in a safari browser. However I do not seem to have the same problem on another board running the same script. I double checked that. So.......what am I doing wrong? ;)

I don't think you are doing anything wrong but I also don't know exactly what is happening or why. Please send me the image you want to use and I will have a go with it (and I will continue to investigate this difficulty some people have been having).

Send the image to jw@jwsoundgroup.net