Spring cleaning continues...

Lisa Piñero

I am digging into layers of sound mixer geology in my garage cleanout that haven't seen the light of day in many years. I just came across my manuals for a IV-S with copied supplements for time code operation from 1986 and the Nagra IV-STC from 1988. Still miss watching those reels turn. : ) Also the second edition of Jim Tannenbaum's "Using Time Code in the Reel World" (Jan 1992). I was going to throw this stuff out but thought I'd post it here in case anyone out there is a collector of sound dept. memorabilia.

Personally I keep everything I have ever owned that paid for itself. I like all the gear like not many others will. Just my way of thinking. Not criticizing.

CrewC

I am digging into layers of sound mixer geology in my garage cleanout that haven't seen the light of day in many years. I just came across my manuals for a IV-S with copied supplements for time code operation from 1986 and the Nagra IV-STC from 1988. Still miss watching those reels turn. : ) Also the second edition of Jim Tannenbaum's "Using Time Code in the Reel World" (Jan 1992). I was going to throw this stuff out but thought I'd post it here in case anyone out there is a collector of sound dept. memorabilia.

Personally I keep everything I have ever owned that paid for itself. I like all the gear like not many others will. Just my way of thinking. Not criticizing.

CrewC

you are not alone!

I even miss the few things I did let go of, like my Bryston Dolby SR rig for the TC-Nagra...

you are not alone!

I even miss the few things I did let go of, like my Bryston Dolby SR rig for the TC-Nagra...

I still have my last Nagra, a "Harveyized" IV-SL. I didn't want to part with it for what I was offered, and keep thinking I'll need it for something. I'm still pissed at myself for selling my Nagra III. I have no nostalgia for anything digital....past or present.

phil p

Also the second edition of Jim Tannenbaum's "Using Time Code in the Reel World" (Jan 1992). I was going to throw this stuff out but thought I'd post it here in case anyone out there is a collector of sound dept. memorabilia.

That copy of Jim Tannenbaum's book is really hard to find these days, and it actually has a lot of still really useful information in it. I wouldn't get rid of it.

• 1 month later...

I'll NEVER get rid of my IV or 4-S! Both Duganized within an inch of their lives, and the 4-S Harveyd. I still have forty rolls of 3M 986, just waiting for that magic moment... Greater than 75.5 dB signal to noise (A weighted) and down 1dB at 16K, at 15 ips Nagramaster.....

NEVER!