Spell check

gabi

yes, it is a helpful tool, but it is not "on the site", it is in your browser.

My browser spell check tool is set to portuguese (my native language). The old discussion group used to have its own spell check tool which I used all the time. I don't like the idea of changing the parameters of my browser everytime I want to post on this group. I just miss the feature...

I thought I had posted on "post to the host"...

Gabi

I understand your preference for your native tounge, perhaps you could install a different (alternate) browser to use for this forum..?? just an idea, and also there may be some additional options for plug-in or stand-alone spell checkers you could apply.

Edited by studiomprd

Gabi, the spell-checker was one of the few features that the old forum had and this one does not. But if you use Firefox as your browser, this page http://maketecheasier.com/spell-check-multiple-languages-in-firefox/2011/04/13 might have some useful information for you. Similar options are probably available on other browsers, as well.

My browser spell check tool is set to portuguese (my native language). The old discussion group used to have its own spell check tool which I used all the time. I don't like the idea of changing the parameters of my browser everytime I want to post on this group. I just miss the feature...

I thought I had posted on "post to the host"...

Gabi

You did Post to the Host but these posts are open to everyone, even though I am the main targeted recipient. So, Senator's comments are helpful but I need to clarify a few things. This site does not have its own spell checker but rather relies on the spell checker built into your browser or your operating system. As a side note, there are some ongoing problems with the spell checker used by Mac OS and Safari. Firefox, on either Windows or Mac, does have spell checker and also the possibility of configuring it for multiple languages. There is nothing I can do here with the site to solve the problem, sorry.