JEFF Please make a senator free sanctuary somewhere where I can leave in piece or just BAN him!

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Although I'm primarily a bag mixer I think this would be a big problem! Almost everything can be applied universally and as a previous poll has already shown even those who primarily mix on a cart have a lot of bag experience. I think that poll also showed that the majority of the members who participated in the poll were also bag mixers. Even so, the "cart style" of mixing is essentially what we try to replicate in a bag. In fact, everything that I learned initially was from an experienced "cart mixer" on his cart! I never had any trouble applying those concepts to ENG. After all it's only a matter of scope really!

JEFF Please make a "in Bag ENG mixers on the run" section on the forum.

PLEASE.

I went trough a lot of trouble and got burned listening to BIG CATS cart mixers with their antennas/amps/spliter gear.

PLEASE.

I went trough a lot of trouble and got burned listening to BIG CATS cart mixers with their antennas/amps/spliter gear.

Then I have to say that you didn't understand what the "BIG CAT cart mixers were saying! I agree with the universality of principles of sound mixing and the equipment that we use. As stated earlier, what most people are trying to do "in the bag" is the same thing that they would do if working off a cart. Sure, the 2 styles of working are very different and there are many issues that face the person who does primarily bag work that are not faced by the ones who do mostly sit down cart based work.

I also know that almost every post made here by the truly experienced and knowledgable sound people we have here (and we do have MANY) usually point out that what they are suggesting or what they are recommending may not be appropriate for BAG work, or CART work, whatever. Some of this reminds me of the newbie question that is often asked: "What is the best microphone to use..." and as we all know, there is no simple answer.

If we were to have a special section for just the "bag mixers" (and I don't even like the term) it would be very limiting and exclusionary which I don't think would be good for this group.

PLEASE.

Since you're addressing Jeff in your thread title, shouldn't this be in 'Post To The Host'? And there's the problem with adding more and more categories. It also won't solve your perceived problem of 'Big Cats' responding.

____

Got a problem with your 552 doing funny things with one of your 411s but not the others? Where does it go? The Lectro category or the SD one? Or the one on RF? Let's just put it in 'Equipment'.

I'm exclusively a bag mixer, and I voted no. The majority of the information generously provided by posters here doesn't apply to the work I do or the equipment I have, but I read everything, because someday, it might.

I too have learned so much from the "Baggers" of the world here @jwsoundgroup.net. It is really all about recording sound for visual media with the tools out there after all. Let's keep it as simple as possible for Eric T n me.

CrewC

I personally like the cross pollination.

I don't do any cart work but I've learned so much from cart based mixers on this forum.

This is a idiotic comment Rado no one burned you at all. Your own lack of experience caused whatever problem you are having don't blame the forum for that.

Whitney

I mix from a bag on my cart..........

Well, hey, what about bag mixers who use one of Ron S's new Bag Carts? Do they use both bag and cart forums? What a travesty; they need their own. Then there's insert rigs. My mind is reeling...

Perhaps every post should be a new category, since each one says something a little different (with maybe one exception).

(I'm recalling the closing dialog of the movie, "Bridge On The River Kwai.")

For my two cents (and I realize it's worth what you pay for it), I wish people would quit trying to fix something that isn't broken in the first place. This is one of the most successful and helpful forums online. Of course, if our goal is to change that, we should keep "fixing" and "improving" things. We could then rename the forum, "New Coke Redux."

""

I too have learned so much from the "Baggers" of the world here @jwsoundgroup.net. It is really all about recording sound for visual media with the tools out there after all.

Let's keep it as simple as possible for Eric T n me.

CrewC

"Great minds think alike"

Eric

I take full responsibility for making an $8000 purchase based on recommendation from this forum.

People saying "BLOCK 19 works fine in Vegas". So I agree this is idiotic and I am embarrassed about it.

My request is more against people with Superiority Complex .

It is always the same:

Senator saying: "That is way we get paid the most money"

Would you tell me how different you will operate ONLY one SRa with TXs off and away from a bag from me?

Senator I will pay for a plain ticket to Las Vegas and Back, your choice of hotel and a massage.

Come and show me how you pressing scan is different then me pressing scan.

You can look down and make fun off me all you want.

I MISS OLEG WHO ALWAYS CUT MOST PEOPLES EGO IN HALF AND NOT ALWAYS BUT OFTEN WAS RIGHT TO DO IT.

Also he never looked down on people and gladly answered questions about cheap stuff and sollutions.

This is a idiotic comment Rado no one burned you at all. Your own lack of experience caused whatever problem you are having don't blame the forum for that.

Whitney

YES I BLAME THE FORUM.

If you have nothing to say do not say anything.

Whitney

YES I BLAME THE FORUM.

If you have nothing to say do not say anything.

Now you have taken to playing childish games by changing your handle to something childish and just being plain unprofessional. If you no longer enjoy this forum then quit and never come back as none of this recent posting adds to the community at all. We have all bought equipment that ended up not working out for us or building carts that didn't work for us but worked fine for others so sell it and move on.

Best thread ever.

Well, Tim, you seen to be the only one really enjoying this thread! Within this there is the makings of a r.a.m.p.s. - style personal attacks and so forth... this really needs to be avoided. All this criticism, 'the forum made me do it" stuff has got to stop. Am I going to have to further clutter up this forum's display with disclaimers like "the views presented here are not necessarily the views of the forum host, nor is the host responsible for... blah, blah, blah". I don't think so.

I will add that arrogance alone (for example, the Senator) is not grounds for dismissal. Oleg had an unique kind of arrogance coupled with a multitude of other problems and I think Rado may be one of only a few who actually miss him.

I would stay that for most part this group has been very good at embracing everyone regardless of their experience, the sort of jobs they get, what they are paid and so on. The most experienced (and oldest) people on this group are by very definition going to have had more experience working from the cart and "over-the-shoulder" (which as we know bears very little similarity to what we call "working from the bag") than doing some of the most common work styles these days. But that does not mean that our advice is less useful or should be segregated into a section called "BIG CATS - the board for those who make the most money and look down on everyone else". Specific advice to questions like "what wireless frequencies work best in Budapest and will I have any problems feeding 12 Sony XX-VV cameras traveling independently around town in moving vehicles" will be answered more effectively by those who have currently done that sort of work. Any specific answer offered by me, for example, would be totally useless, and I wouldn't even try to come up with an answer. The Senator might, "call the manufacturer" or "it depends" or some other inane comment, but that is not a reason to hate him.

Enough said on this, let's get on with it, enjoy the forum, continue to participate and concentrate less on the personalities, our likes and dislikes, etc.

This is a joke, right? I don't think this is an appropriate use of the POLLS feature of this site. If this is the way everyone want to play, as the creator, owner and moderator of this site, I may have to start moderating each and every post, poll, comment, reply and so forth. If I get up one morning and I'm really not liking Rado, I won't let any of his posts appear. If the Senator is getting on my nerves (always?), well, he's out of here also. If you find any one individual so repugnant to you, just block them from YOUR view.