Sony FS -100

Tomer

I have a job coming with that camera and did not find any evidence for time code synchronization available .

It is a documentary style shoot , so if we cant sync in advance ,i will need run the sound, directly to the camera .

Any leads for what might be done or how to handle the camera sound ?

The editing is on Avid, so no pluraleyes available .

My setup is 442 and 744 .

Thanks in advance .

Tomash B

I have a job coming with that camera and did not find any evidence for time code synchronization available .

It is a documentary style shoot , so if we cant sync in advance ,i will need run the sound, directly to the camera .

Any leads for what might be done or how to handle the camera sound ?

The editing is on Avid, so no pluraleyes available .

My setup is 442 and 744 .

Thanks in advance .

Tomash B

I just helped a friend set up a doco shoot with this camera. No LTC i/o at all, the only TC output is embedded in the HDMI stream. We were unable to find a disembedder that would work on a doco shoot, so no TC. They may go with a bloop light, or just PluralEyes and hope for the best. Also, like many new cameras, very limited options for graceful ways of mounting things like wireless TC or mics on the camera (it's a box with a lens). Kind of an F for ergonomics, really.

phil p

PluralEyes is available for Avid Media Composer.

http://www.singulars...luraleyesa.html

Thank you all who gave a real advice .

We came to decision to use external tc generator ( Horrita) which will feed on one of the camera channels, while the second one will get camera mic feed .

]That way, we will have 2 options for synchronization .

Using the digital slate on documentary is not really an option ,while the camera operator is shooting free style , rolls or stops the camera when he thinks he need to do it whithout wait to slate or turn to slate .

I do remember that lanc comunication which FS 100 camera equipped with , carries TC , at least it is what i remember from old Sony and Canon dvs , but unfortunately we don't have Ambient lanc tc generator so we couldn't check if it still can work that way .

Tomash B