What are you drinking?

TimPitot

Just moved to the Baltimore area & found Flying Dog Brewery's beers... My current fav is "Raging Bitch" Belgian -Style IPA. Have to say that originally any of the American-made Belgian-style beers that I tried were either too floral or disagreed with me (I must be allergic to the yeast in those cheap-ass coors/bluemoon beers- made me gag). Plus- I love the Ralph Steadman graphics on their lables!

post-1219-0-37414900-1310066363.jpg

Welcome to the Mid-Atlantic, John. Be sure to get down to the Wharf Rat on South Ann in Fells Point.

My current fave is from Delaware, Dogfish Head Shelter Pale Ale

shelter-pale-ale.png

But it's been pretty hot and I've also had the occasional G & T made with a locally distilled organically made gin from Catoctin Creek Distillers.

watershed-gin.jpg

Best regards,

Jim

I love this topic but I'm wondering how anybody can still keep on typing after all this drinking! I guess the "What are you drinking" is sort of rhetorical, like "On my Radio" doesn't mean you're listening - drinking all this right now.

Nice image gallery could come out of this --- beautiful labels.

I love this topic but I'm wondering how anybody can still keep on typing after all this drinking! I guess the "What are you drinking" is sort of rhetorical, like "On my Radio" doesn't mean you're listening - drinking all this right now.

Nice image gallery could come out of this --- beautiful labels.

Well, I happen to in fact be drinking mine right now.

Just let loose on the screwup thread....

Uh-oh.

-- Jan

The Chocolate Block is a lovely and hearty blend from South Africa (although I typically buy domestic wines to cut down on the environmental impact of shipping).

The Jumping Cow Amber Ale is full and flavorful, yet refreshing, from right here in southern California wine country (Paso Robles). Inexpensive and readily available from Trader Joe's.

The Cascade Mountain Gin is from Oregon, and is the best gin I have ever had. My friend just saw some at a Whole Foods here in SoCal, but typically we wait for our friends to "mule" for us when they go up North.

post-411-0-64200800-1310086804.jpg

Chocolate Block is amazing, every time I go to SA I pick up a bottle or two. I'm surprised you get it all way in LA!

Loving all the micro/craft brews - there seems to be a lot of great beer brewed in the states.

It's morning here, so 'builders tea' as the poms call it, is imminent! Mmmm!

You're all a bunch of alcoholics!!!! (except you Marc)

Seriously though, we have many great beers made here in Australia.

Little Creatures has a great selection (Pale Ale is a favourite) - from Fremantle/Perth

James Boags has a great selection too, Premium and the St George in particular - from Tasmania

Moo Brew - Tasmania

The list goes on.

Cheers

Peter Mega

PS. No one drinks Fosters here

post-1467-0-21488200-1310128275.jpg

post-1467-0-85588200-1310128283.jpg

post-1467-0-32221900-1310128305.gif

post-1467-0-24934000-1310128321.jpg

Those all look like good choices and I think I have tried a few . But my favorite tipple these days is Tea . English Breakfast Tetleys or Builders brewed in the pot and served in a mug that you could throw a pool party in, the bigger the better.No Assam ,Earl Grey or fruit flavored camomile infused hand picked by Tibetan Grandmothers nonsense just tea.The stuff my Mother poured down our throats from the moment we came of the breast . From morning till night in the hard wet cold of a Scottish winter to the fierce heat of the Egyptian Sahara it warns your innards one day and refreshes you the next .And I swear there is no more welcoming words heard on location than "would you like a cuppa' it makes the longest days that little bit sweeter.

Best John

PS Milk no sugar thanks