302 Issue

PTA

So I powered up my 302 for a gig today and I was getting no signal to my boom mic. Everything has powered up fine, slat mic works, tone works, none of the inputs are registering any signal. Tried internal and external power, changed all phantom power settings, switches, everything... No signal. I'm out of things to try and am pretty convinced it is just broken. Anyone have anything that I might have missed? It worked fine 2 days ago.

This happened to me recently with one of my 302s. The problem turned out to be that the mic powering switches had gotten slightly bumped. Exercising and resetting them got me back in business. It's pretty unusual for a piece of gear like an SD mixer to stop working without a lot of force or liquid being applied....

phil p

This happened to me recently with one of my 302s. The problem turned out to be that the mic powering switches had gotten slightly bumped. Exercising and resetting them got me back in business. It's pretty unusual for a piece of gear like an SD mixer to stop working without a lot of force or liquid being applied....

phil p

Yeah, SD products have been super solid for me. I find it very odd that it stopped working. And I have exercised all switches, knobs, etc. No love. And yes, I have narrowed it down to the mixer by process of elimination.

I was just seeing if I missed anything as there are many smart people here.

" I have narrowed it down to the mixer by process of elimination. "

then arrange to get it fixed, as it must be broken.

Thanks Senator.

" I have narrowed it down to the mixer by process of elimination. "

then arrange to get it fixed, as it must be broken.

You really think you have to say that? Or is it just your uncontrolable need to say something no matter how trite the statement is?

Eric

It would seem VERY unlikely for all inputs to go out at once.

The on line manual will describe how to reset mixer to factory settings - do this first.

Pick up the mixer as if you don't own it and have never used it before, and go through all of the very basic signal flow procedures.

Press battery button to be sure batteries are strong.

Mic (48v powered)- cable (try more than one) - input 1 set to mic - switch set for PH - be sure switch above headphone jack is set at 48 - turn off limiter (or be sure it's not in "link" mode) - gain at noon - fader up - pan switch at C - headphone selector to M - headphone volume at noon -

If this fails, then perhaps it really is broken!

Is the Phantom Power switch on 12v instead of 48 I had it happen once and it won't power any of my mics

Yeah, switched that back and forth to make sure it wasn't set in an in between setting, no luck.

The only thing that happened was it took a plane flight in a well gaurded and packed Pelican case. Everything else in the case is perfect, and SD products are built rock solid. Just odd to me.

It would seem VERY unlikely for all inputs to go out at once.

The on line manual will describe how to reset mixer to factory settings - do this first.

Pick up the mixer as if you don't own it and have never used it before, and go through all of the very basic signal flow procedures.

Press battery button to be sure batteries are strong.

Mic (48v powered)- cable (try more than one) - input 1 set to mic - switch set for PH - be sure switch above headphone jack is set at 48 - turn off limiter (or be sure it's not in "link" mode) - gain at noon - fader up - pan switch at C - headphone selector to M - headphone volume at noon -

If this fails, then perhaps it really is broken!

Thanks Robert, I'll try the reset and see if that works.

So an interesting update! So I randomly went to try one last time and when I powered it on, input 1 was working fine! Didn't touch anything. Tried input 2, acting really odd, the limiter lights will engage but the meters don't light up. Input 3 works normal.

So all in all, input 2 is acting really odd now. Makes mr think it just needs to be serviced now. Could something have gotten inside like water that would make it do this?

I've had similar weirdness. I discovered that the phase reverse switch was sitting in an "in between" position which killed the channel.

It's pretty hard to make the switch sit in this in between position by hand but it must have got bumped that day in such a perfect manner to make it land in this position.

Now that you say only channel 2 is the problem, this could very well be it.

Check the phase reverse switch.

Cheers

Peter Mega