Site Behavior

mikefilosa

Perhaps this thread can serve as a unified report of this and other user experienced variables as Jeff works on the evolution of the site:

FWIW, with the changes today, the timestamps seem now to be more accurate on postings as seen on my computer...

MacBook Pro / OS 10.6.8 / Firefox 4.0.1

The clock seemed to be waaaay off before.. like 9 hrs or so...

MF

The time of posts are saved on the server.

Since there are visitors all of the world, and because on any particular server it can only be one time, most of the time it's set to GMT.

It is then the individual's choice to change it in their profile/settings to adjust the time to

their particular timezone.

If it's suddenly changed without you doing anything Jeff probably changed the default from GMT.

(upper left drop down menu- My Settings - General Settings)

If it's suddenly changed without you doing anything Jeff probably changed the default from GMT.

(upper left drop down menu- My Settings - General Settings)

I don't think I changed any of the site/server settings so the TIME should still be okay. The overall site time is set to GMT -8 Pacific Standard Time (US) which is appropriate for the site (I'm in Santa Monica, California) and this is what I have my PERSONAL time zone set at. As explained by Chris to have the time relating to each member be correct, the Settings for that individual have to be right. Then, if things go crazy it is just a glitch of some sort, shouldn't be too big a deal.