A plus for the new site

The best thing so far for me with this move has been the improved look and feel when using the iPhone app that this site offers. On the old site, I had to use Safari, and it was difficult to view and navigate. This new site is great when using the iPhone, using the app(free) or Safari, which appears to be the same.

What is the name of the app?

Search iTunes App Store for IP.Board or IPBoard Communities and there is an iPhone and an iPad app. I know people have said these work well but I have found just the opposite --- neither app works properly on my iPhone or my iPad. What does work well, I have found, is the mobile theme for our site that usually comes up automatically when the site sees that you are browsing from a mobile device. On the iPad this is not really necessary because the screen is large enough that full size Safari browser pages are readable. There are still some data entry problems with the iPad (and of course any embedded flash movies will not play). Tapatalk works well also, many people are using that with their mobile devices.

Search iTunes App Store for IP.Board or IPBoard Communities and there is an iPhone and an iPad app. I know people have said these work well but I have found just the opposite --- neither app works properly on my iPhone or my iPad. What does work well, I have found, is the mobile theme for our site that usually comes up automatically when the site sees that you are browsing from a mobile device. On the iPad this is not really necessary because the screen is large enough that full size Safari browser pages are readable. There are still some data entry problems with the iPad (and of course any embedded flash movies will not play). Tapatalk works well also, many people are using that with their mobile devices.

I've found the mobile version of the site works just fine in my Android phone. I may actually prefer it to the full version on my desktop or laptop.

Best regards,

Jim

I've found the mobile version of the site works just fine in my Android phone. I may actually prefer it to the full version on my desktop or laptop.

Best regards,

Jim

I agree, Jim. I often find myself using my phone for this group now, where I tried to never use it.

Since Tapatalk cost $$, I passed on it.

I'm on the IPBoard app now on my iPad. It is exactly the same as the web site. I'll have to try the mobile version on my iPhone. It never occurred to me to try a forum on my phone.

Evidently the app has just been "updated" to recognize the iPad and not think that it is an iPhone. So, I think it leaves the site as is and displays it just as it would in a normal browser on the iPad. The same app, used on an iPhone, will give you a specialized tailored view and navigation to help with the small screen on the phone.

Here is my report regarding mobile access to our site: Tapatalk works fine but many have found that Tapatalk is intrusive in other ways, alerting you to its existence and so forth, so I do not really recommend its use. I have a Tapatalk account and have enabled its use for the site, use at your own risk. I have also installed and configured a mobile theme which is browser aware and should come up on any current mobile phone platform, iPhone, Android, etc., when using the phone's built in browser (iPhone's Safari, Android ?, etc.). This mobile theme works very well now but one must be aware of the simple icon in the upper right hand corner that looks like a box with >> marks in it. This accesses the menu where you can choose to View New Content, etc. Lastly, there is the IP.Board Community app which is a free download from the App Store. It appears that the IP.Board app accesses the site using the same mobile theme I have installed that comes up with normal browser. So, it is your choice to use the app or just use your browser.

Anything I have left out or things that you may have discovered, just let us know.

post-1-0-89452400-1310912128.jpg