SoundStudio software

post-1-0-38093100-1311116984.png

SoundStudio software has been returned to the developer, Felt Tip Software, after it was being distributed for a few years by FreeVerse (a game developer). There is a new version out available from the MacApp Store for $29.00. There is no upgrade policy from v. 3.x to the new version 4.x but the price of $29.00 is essentially what SoundStudio upgrades were in the past. Also, once purchased through the MacApp Store, future updates will be free.

I know a lot of people say just use Audacity, it's free, cross platform, etc., but I have never preferred Audacity over SoundStudio. I highly recommend SoundStudio for anytime simple 2-track program is needed.

Notes from Felt Tip:

What's New in Version 4

• 64-bit / 32-bit app.
  • New bottom toolbar with input and output level meters.
  • Markers listed in the sidebar.
  • Broadcast Wave File (BWF) data is preserved.

post-1-0-38093100-1311116984.png

SoundStudio software has been returned to the developer, Felt Tip Software, after it was being distributed for a few years by FreeVerse (a game developer). There is a new version out available from the MacApp Store for $29.00. There is no upgrade policy from v. 3.x to the new version 4.x but the price of $29.00 is essentially what SoundStudio upgrades were in the past. Also, once purchased through the MacApp Store, future updates will be free.

I know a lot of people say just use Audacity, it's free, cross platform, etc., but I have never preferred Audacity over SoundStudio. I highly recommend SoundStudio for anytime simple 2-track program is needed.

Notes from Felt Tip:

What's New in Version 4

• 64-bit / 32-bit app.
  • New bottom toolbar with input and output level meters.
  • Markers listed in the sidebar.
  • Broadcast Wave File (BWF) data is preserved.

I always tell people that Sound Studio is Audacity working the way you think it should. When I saw your post I was afraid that SS was going end-of-life, I'm very glad that it isn't. Lots of useful apps falling by the wayside because their developers don't want to reprogram for 64 bit....

phil p

Another mixer tipped me off to this program. It's a real asset to playback and spot check individual tracks in a poly file when using boomrecorder. I've set the computer to default to this program when opening .wav files and I find it to be efficient and quite useful.