'Aussie Sound' on the Cinemasound website

Hello Jeff,

I read your message on the Cinemasound website about usage and the future of the .ning site. I thought I would contact you to confirm your view that whilst people are joining there isn't much actual usage going on in 'Aussie Sound'. That said, I am quite surprised at the membership which has grown to 50 members and I was wondering if there is any possibility of migrating Aussie Sound into the current jwsound website. I think closing down Aussie Sound would be a pity and hope you might find some way of keeping it alive and functioning. I would also add that I have been quite busy with life and I have not had time to keep up with 'Aussie Sound' or the new 'jwsound' site, which by the way looks great.

Regards

Nice to hear from you Rainier after such a long time, glad to hear you have been busy. For those who don't know, Rainier created the "Aussie Sound" group on CinemaSound and it has been the most active and appreciated section on that site. One of the things that attracted me to the Ning Network (they host the site) was the facility to create groups within the site and some of the more social media aspects of the network. These are things which are not easily accomplished within the framework of a forum-style site. I will investigate and think about what to do for all our loyal members over on CinemaSound if it comes to having to shut down that site.

For now, I would encourage members of CinemaSound to signup here if they haven't already, at the very least to be able to keep track of what we are doing.

Thank you Rainier for starting "Aussie Sound", hope you are well, and no need to apologize for not being as active recently.