Mixers in the UK, reveal yourself!

Jon Gilbert

• 3 weeks later...

^^ Count me in Andy ^^.

I'm fairly new to the industry, been working as a boom op/sound recordist on a lot of low budget shorts over the last year, and currently doing a feature with the man above me.

Spent the last couple of weeks lurking in the background here trying to absorb some of the great info. Looking forward to working with more of you guys soon.

~Mark.

Hi,

New to purely bag stuff but have been mixing World Service radio for the last three years as well as doing bits of camera and sound work for tv for the last 8 or 9 years combined with a load of radio work too. Decided to grab the redundancy money and take a new route in life.

Based in Southampton and excited about a future in the great outdoors (I've been sat in windowless studios too long!). All tips, pointers, advice and guidance welcome.

Nick.

• 4 months later...

Hi

Bit late to this topic. Better late than never. I'm Alex Bryce (AMPS), based in West London, until a couple of years ago I worked in sound post. Am currently trying to break into the location recording world having attended the location recording Course at the NFTS.

Nice to make your acquaintance.

PS only signed up to the board recently but have found it a useful resource for considerably longer!