RIP - Amy Winehouse

Jeff Wexler

It was like standing in a dark tunnel, and clearly seeing the train heading right down the tracks directly at you.... Her demise was that clear..... to her most likely, her family, friends, crew and handlers...

She lived the life of a "Rock Star" with all that goes with it, money, fame, talent, drug addictions, alcohol problems and the ever so famous "death at 27"... Just ask Curt, Jimi, Janis and Jim..... Right now they're having a cocktail and a blow for their noses together in Rock Star Hell.... or Heaven depending on your outlook.... Or in my case, moving to the dust state with nothing but a worm and a breeze to blow that dust around....

Amy "Trainwreck" Winehouse...... You just knew the how, not the when....

She wasn't bad though....... She had a very interesting and likable sound... Not offensive at all... Hard to find these days... A bit sad

Bob's train-wreck assessment sells things short. Take a look at her wikipedia page, years of cancelled concerts and tours, missed release dates for recordings, arrests, storming off during shows, being late, not showing at all.....

Lots of her success around Back in Black and the supporting tour in my mind was hiring Brooklyn's own Dap Kings as a backing band.

It IS a terrible shame for such a talent to be wasted, but there's no big surprise here.

Best regards,

Jim

Big fan from a distance.

Her CD's do not do justice to her "good" live performances.

I have a DVD of a small theatre gig in London

Amazing singer possibly on something and drinking but with a remarkable band too

Too many troubled souls in jazz and rock and roll who gave us so much, then departed

I guess they are the modern angels!

Fondest Amy

mike

Quite a few posters in this thread that imply Amy's destiny was theirs to portend.

Perhaps she really didn't want any of you to even know her name?

Perhaps she was happy just loving her parents, and having them love her back?

She was an addict, she had a disease, and she died from her disease.

A very shy, very funny, and very talented women that certainly will be missed by those who loved her.

Judging people is so yesterday.

Hi Dick

Well said

We all have worked with talented people that you get to know for a few weeks then move on.

Out of that you get a personal view of what they are about, are they fake or are they amazing and nice people too?

I've worked with some greats.

Amy's DVD I mention included a documentary showing her being introduced to her record company execs.

She was young and brave and talented.

mike

I bought her 'Back to Black' album on iTunes the other day. I'd always written her off as just another talentless pop star. I was wrong, the albums actually pretty good...

I don't judge her lifestyle choices. I don't know her or the troubles she had to deal with, and I was certainly no angel when I was younger.

Might be tempted to buy 'Frank' too. Anyone here have a review of it?