600 Mah rechargable 9v batteries, anyone tried them yet?

Jon Gilbert

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Soshines are far better constructed and look like they are genuine 600 mAh. Litelong are imho poorly made and are fantasising about 780 mAh - they don't last as long as Soshines. Alright for a cheap replacement of ipowers, but soshines are much more 'pro' quality, and are better and longer lasting than ipowers.

If anyone else is interested in these Soshine 600mAh batteries, I've found some for considerably cheaper than any of the eBay sellers, with free shipping to the US. $23.75 per set of 2 batteries + charger, instead of upwards of $30.

http://www.aliexpress.com/store/product/Fast-Shipping-2pcs-Soshine-9V-600mAh-Lithium-ion-Li-ion-Rechargeable-Battery-Charger/113800_668591736.html

I'm about to order 4 sets and I'll let everyone know my experience with the seller/website.

I have been experimenting with the Litelong 650, and 780 Mah, as well as the Soshine 600's, I can say with confidence that both outlast the iPowers. I like the Soshines more than the Litelong for sure though, they have lasted longer, and considering the advertise 600 Mah, and are lasting longer than a battery advertising 780 Mah, right away that raises a flag with me. I also have found that the Litelongs don't keep a consistent charge, they can die anywhere from 4 - 5 1/2 hrs, wat too much of a variance for our line of work.

I've been using the Soshine chargers and find they work really great. I didnt notice any difference when charging Litelongs in the cheap single bay chargers that come with them. 

So what are the best 9 volts that I have used?

Neither.

Hitech. They are by far the longest lasting, most consistent, smallest (the only other ones that fit in iPower holders) once you peel off the cover, which comes off quite easily. They advertise as 600 Mah, and I actually believe it. Another thing I like about them is that they are assembled in Japan. The guys at   http://www.onlybatteries.com/showitem.asp?ItemID=15933  are good to deal with, and I'm pretty sure if you order on a Monday they give you 10% off. They might be a couple extra dollars, but in my opinion, they are the best built best preforming lithium out there,

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I have been using 8 of;

http://www.batterymart.com/p-r-li9720-9volt-lithium-polymer-battery.html?device=c&network=g&matchtype=&gclid=CPTYqp-D-LYCFYHc4AoduA0Aug

for almost 4-5 months. They last really long time. Still no failure, etc... I took their outside sticker and they kind of fit to iPower caddy. 

(I use iPower 4 bay charger with them)

• 2 weeks later...

Received my 600mAh Soshines yesterday after a couple of weeks wait after the order. They asked if I was cool with black batteries as they had sold out of the white ones and I said sure. I think they look awesome either way. I also very much like the chargers. They are set up so that you cannot place a battery in them backwards, and they have very nice LEDs that clearly light green or red depending on where the battery is in its charge cycle. The chargers are lightweight and affordable with the batteries so I got three. My next order will be of the batteries only.

I am almost at the end of a run-flat test with a UM200C. I turned the UM200C on at 1:08 PM today. It is still on as of 10:30 PM.

I was getting bored with the test so I just turned on the 411a to see where the battery indicator was and it is now indicating low battery after over 9 hours. I'm going to let it run out completely, but so far this is awesome.

Methinks I'll be ordering more if they perform this well in the field.

NOTE: This was not a real-world test (on talent with active signal the entire time). For my makeshift test I simply turned the Tx on and let it sit. I will test these batteries real-world and will report back to this thread in due time.

post-3713-0-75265200-1368585096_thumb.jp

Hi Alex,

Thanks for the test. The transmitter current drain will be exactly the same on or off talent with or without audio. Your test as done is the way to do it. Some testers like to run the batteries with the terminals facing down so all the electrons can run out but we've not found a consistent difference.

Best,

Larry F

Lectro

Hi Alex,

Thanks for the test. The transmitter current drain will be exactly the same on or off talent with or without audio. Your test as done is the way to do it. Some testers like to run the batteries with the terminals facing down so all the electrons can run out but we've not found a consistent difference.

Best,

Larry F

Lectro

Thanks Larry. I thought that was the case, and now I know it to be correct.

And regarding 'terminals down', that's just plain funny!

• 2 weeks later...

Just followed my first test up with a second run-flat test. This time I decided to test a different battery, and I let it sit since the day of the last test (10 full days) with no additional charging whatsoever before today's test.

It performed the same as the test in my previous post. 9 hours and 15 minutes before the light started to go dim on the UM200C. I then checked to see if it was still transmitting and it was indeed transmitting and still on, and so I turned the Tx off and ended the test since 'lo-batt' was also flashing on the 211 and I'm never going to push a battery to 9 hours anyway. As far as I'm concerned this is about as good as a 9V can be expected to perform (at least in the UM200C @ 100mW nominal output). Change these batteries at lunch and you're gold. Never have to worry as far as I can tell.

I'm very pleased so far with these batteries and will personally purchase more.

I have been experimenting with the Litelong 650, and 780 Mah, as well as the Soshine 600's, I can say with confidence that both outlast the iPowers. I like the Soshines more than the Litelong for sure though, they have lasted longer, and considering the advertise 600 Mah, and are lasting longer than a battery advertising 780 Mah, right away that raises a flag with me. I also have found that the Litelongs don't keep a consistent charge, they can die anywhere from 4 - 5 1/2 hrs, wat too much of a variance for our line of work.

I've been using the Soshine chargers and find they work really great. I didnt notice any difference when charging Litelongs in the cheap single bay chargers that come with them. 

So what are the best 9 volts that I have used?

Neither.

Hitech. They are by far the longest lasting, most consistent, smallest (the only other ones that fit in iPower holders) once you peel off the cover, which comes off quite easily. They advertise as 600 Mah, and I actually believe it. Another thing I like about them is that they are assembled in Japan. The guys at   http://www.onlybatteries.com/showitem.asp?ItemID=15933  are good to deal with, and I'm pretty sure if you order on a Monday they give you 10% off. They might be a couple extra dollars, but in my opinion, they are the best built best preforming lithium out there,

I also use the HiTech's. I've started using this Tenergy 6-bank charger with great success: http://www.tenergy.com/01346

• 2 weeks later...

Guys, check the terminal voltage after charging. I have see some rechargable batteries at 11Volts. One brodcaster had to send me 5 UM195 mics that had power output transistors fail from the higher out of spec voltage.

Really good to know Jerry, thank you. I'll test my Soshines with my multimeter ASAP and post here. I'll need to look up the correct way to test output voltage using my multimeter though as I generally only test for continuity and general battery charge.

• 3 weeks later...