DPA microdot connectors

Matt Morris

Hi,

Does anyone know if it's possible to get hold of DPA microdot connectors? And if so, would it be possible to wire them to a Sanken Cos 11? I'd like to have a little flexibility with my lav mics.

I have used DPA mics, although it was a good few years ago. I seem to remember the microdot connectors being comparable to SMA connectors, i.e. just a screw in pin and screen connection. My memory could be failing me here but if that's right then how would the Sanken's three wires connect into the microdot?

I've read a little about a similar connector that Rode are now using but as far as I know they don't do a 6 pin Lemo connector, which I need to fit to my Audio Ltd tx.

Any ideas?

Hi Matt,

Convert the Sanken to a two wire configuration and then wire to the two connections in the microdot, ground and hot. Same as wiring for a Lectro SM series.

See:

http://www.lectrosonics.com/component/option,com_fss/Itemid,81/catid,4/kbartid,10/view,kb/

Use fig.5 with shield to ground-shell and bias-hot (black)to the center pin of the microdot.

Resistor (white wire source) can be anywhere from 1k to 4k with 2k being a reasonable choice.

Here's the wiring for a MM400 connector which is the same idea. Gives you an idea of the wires you will be dealing with:

http://www.lectrosonics.com/component/option,com_fss/Itemid,81/catid,4/kbartid,8/view,kb/

Best,

Larry F

Lectro

[snip]

I have used DPA mics, although it was a good few years ago. I seem to remember the microdot connectors being comparable to SMA connectors, i.e. just a screw in pin and screen connection. My memory could be failing me here but if that's right then how would the Sanken's three wires connect into the microdot?

[snip]

Any ideas?