Interesting article about the rising problem of inaudible dialog in movies.

Mark LeBlanc

One of my favorite posts of all time is this gem by our very own host. I hope it's okay that I quote it (if not, please let me know).

From Jeff Wexler:

"I know it can be done: good level, intelligibility, emotion, the whole thing. I used to tell a story to actors who might listen, about Peter O'Toole, that he could whisper and it would carry for a good city block and you could understand every word. I had the pleasure of working with Peter on a little movie called "Creator" and asked him if this story that I had been telling all these years was really true. He stepped back from me where we were talking, walked about 200 feet and then spun around and said in the most glorious "stage whisper" I have ever heard "Yes, Jeff, it is true!" Made my day."

So freakin' COOL! I've never quite been able to find the words to adequately explain this concept in the heat of battle, but I think this will suffice. If they can't understand this (and / or respect the source) then they're not worthy!

~tt