Those little pill boxes that can hold lav mics/accessories?

jgbsound

Does anyone know where I can purchase those little semi-clear plastic boxes that most sound guys have to store their lavs and the clips/holders/etc. They are hinged and open lengthwise into two halfs, One on side is a main compartment with a closeable plastic flap, and the other has about 6 individual closing sections as well.

I asked the guys down at Coffey sound and they said they were made in China and the manufacturer has discontinued making them!!! Ugggh. They are perfect and I need a couple.

Any help would be great!

Thanks,

John

I got some nice lav cases at The Container Store. They look a lot like the ones Trew sells, though they aren't blue. I didn't find them on the Container Store's website, but I only looked for a minute. IIRC, I found them in the travel/medication section. Can't recall the price. Cheap, though.

http://www.containerstore.com/shop/travel/bottlesMedication?N=253

Could be TCS doesn't carry that specific case anymore.

Does anyone know where I can purchase those little semi-clear plastic boxes that most sound guys have to store their lavs and the clips/holders/etc. They are hinged and open lengthwise into two halfs, One on side is a main compartment with a closeable plastic flap, and the other has about 6 individual closing sections as well.

I asked the guys down at Coffey sound and they said they were made in China and the manufacturer has discontinued making them!!! Ugggh. They are perfect and I need a couple.

Any help would be great!

Thanks,

John

Hello John:

I found a couple of these at Walmart (I think cheaper than the one linked below) - Plano Double Sided Utility Box (3450-22) and they work pretty well. Two sided compartments, I keep lavs and accessories on one side, moleskin, double sided tape, undercover, overcovers, etc. on the other side. It has dividers that you can move around to customize a bit.

Here's a link: http://www.amazon.com/Plano-Double-Stowaway-Utility-3450-22/dp/B000Y8G37C

I'm not a fan of the cases that hold just one lav. I've been using the Plano case 3582-00 where I can hold 4 Sankens as well as mounting hardware in one case. It's a lot faster when you have multiple talent to wire and takes up far less space as well.

http://www.planomolding.com/fishing/fishing-products/

post-273-0-51785500-1314748594.jpg