Loons ready to pump out some poles

Colin Heath

It just is not enough to make a great product. You have to offer excellent support and engender confidence in your customers that you will respond to their needs if they invest in you. We were once one of the biggest VDB resellers in the world. That was before the US market became too much bother for the manufacturer to fully support. Unanswered emails, phone messages, faxes. A six month wait for many replacement parts. This is no way to treat customers. Nice poles but, you really have to do better than that. We no longer represent VDB because we expect better. PSC, KTEK and Ambient offer quality products with excellent support to both dealers and end users. Reward their commitment to servicing you by patronizing their products. You wont regret it.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

VdB last years models (with glossy pole) are cr*p.

Been there, got ripped.

Bought a Loon 4 years ago, excellent pole but disaster support (they're more like pumping out a bankrupt, in ref. to OP).

I guess I'm "pole-doomed" for chrissakes !

My next will be a KTek.

Merry Christmas everybody.

VdB last years models (with glossy pole) are cr*p.

Been there, got ripped.

Bought a Loon 4 years ago, excellent pole but disaster support (they're more like pumping out a bankrupt, in ref. to OP).

I guess I'm "pole-doomed" for chrissakes !

My next will be a KTek.

Merry Christmas everybody.

You willing to sell the VDB?

• 3 months later...

I had a 15' K-Tek but wanted a longer pole bought the ambient QP-4140 with the extension. Love the pole its stiffer than a k-tek at full extension, but something on it went wrong and I have now been without it for 3 months because parts have to come from Germany. In the meantime I bought a long k-tek pole just so I'd have two poles(one long one short). Go K-Tek! I Love you ambient but Made in USA beats service from europe anyday! No company looks after their customers better than K-Tek.

I was looking at the dates all along, with a sinking heart. Thought the thread might have been a bit old to maybe include news. Just wishful thinking I guess...

When I emailed him back in September, Asking if he would ship to Sweden he said he would. I never ordered. Went for the PSC instead, beautiful book. You can buy them at Ljud o Bildmedia in Stockholm. :) they have them in stock I think...

• 2 years later...

Young sound man here. So I'm using a K Tek KEG 150CCR. What makes a loon pole better than mine? Thanks very much folks!

If you like the adventure of the unknown, then Loon may be for you.  They seem to show up and then disappear for long periods of time -- occasionally responsive to a few, while being unresponsive to many.

Whereas, if you prefer a solid company that stands ready to fill your needs and back up your purchase, K-Tek is quite predictable.

Loon has sporadically produced some excellent poles.  K-Tek dependably produces excellent poles.

IMO, you made a good choice.