Loons ready to pump out some poles

Colin Heath

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

Damn!

I wish I had seen this thread before I ordered a pole!

To answer the Q a few posts ago, the Loon website processes a payment to your credit card when you place your order.

The job I ordered the pole for is nearly over (close to 2 months since the order) the suspension I ordered from Trew Audio on the same arrived 4 days later, but no sign of the pole....

Rob

I think the credit card companies should be made aware of this "Fraud". He processes the payment, but never delivers the product.

Fraud may be too strong a word. I'm no legal scholar, but I believe fraud implies intent. My take on the situation is that this is someone who is possibly in over his head.

If I had prepaid and it's been too long (at least over thirty days), and I wanted my money back, I would first contact the company in question and request an immediate refund. If that didn't happen in a timely manner, I would then contact the credit card company and they would likely refund the money as part of their buyer protection protocol.

Damn!

I wish I had seen this thread before I ordered a pole!

To answer the Q a few posts ago, the Loon website processes a payment to your credit card when you place your order.

The job I ordered the pole for is nearly over (close to 2 months since the order) the suspension I ordered from Trew Audio on the same arrived 4 days later, but no sign of the pole....

Rob

HI Rob. Just to clarify: you ordered and received a suspension from Trew Audio but ordered the pole direct from Loon, correct? I'm not trying to imply that if you had ordered the pole from a dealer it would have arrived by now (Trew Audio does not sell Loon poles), but I will say that your card would not have been run until the pole was shipped to you, which, I believe, is the way most businesses operate.

Sorry you're having trouble.

GT

Everything was clear Glen, no confusion ;)

In fact I bought a Loon from you a few years ago ( which I received in a normal delay of time) and you stopped distributing these poles a few months later (or were you just stocking a few of them just to try and see what would happen with sales, I dunno); I figured out there must be a reason for not selling them anymore. When I bought mine, they even weren't on your website; I asked by phone to your seller and he got me one.

Too bad that s*it's hittting the fan with Loon these days... beautiful poles.

Maybe the original reason he was calling was to stir up some more business out of people who already own loons. Maybe it was his last chance to turn the company around.

Who knows.

Since posting this i was really looking forward to hearing that he was getting his act together and getting the factory back up and running in MT. Looks like this hasnt happen. He was he was going to update the loon website, but he hasnt. Same old sad story. Great products but poor decisions in the company have been made.

For some of the guys on here talking about waiting 2 months or even a month without contact. I suggest you call your card company and talk about what actions to be taken. Find out the wait time to needed to report, and do so promptly.

HI Rob. Just to clarify: you ordered and received a suspension from Trew Audio but ordered the pole direct from Loon, correct? I'm not trying to imply that if you had ordered the pole from a dealer it would have arrived by now (Trew Audio does not sell Loon poles), but I will say that your card would not have been run until the pole was shipped to you, which, I believe, is the way most businesses operate.

Sorry you're having trouble.

GT

Apologies of there was any ambiguity in my post, (I missed the word 'day') they were separate orders made to separate companies, just showing how orders placed on the same day are processed in VERY differently!

I've always had killer service from Trew Audio!

My pole actually arrived yesterday, and I have to say it's great.

Cheers

Rob

• 1 month later...

All I will say is the three times in 10 years of owning Ktek boom poles I have needed service or replacement parts Ktek took care of it quickly and for very little or no cost.

I bought a Ktek boom pole several years ago from Trew Audio that had an XLR connector that wouldn't seat properly in my Sennheiser MKH-60. Glen gave me Manfred's personal cell and told me to call him. Not only was he very pleasant to talk with, they repaired my pole very quickly and at no cost to me whatsoever. I've used Ktek poles for 10 years now and I don't plan on switching.

I guess by lack of everything,That the owner of Loon was making those calls as a last effort to pull through. Nothing from the company. Great product, (lots of mistakes in there business, aka moving to Cal), Poor service. Id say the website should to closed, until further noticed.

K-tek makes a great pole, Ambients are nice, PSC makes a great pole too.