New Lectrosonics SM Remote App, "LectroRM"

Solid Goldberger

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Was wondering if its possible to add custom names to the channels ? instead of just channel 1 channel 2 etc, could replace with character names etc.

It is possible, but it would require a non-trivial amount of work and I have other priorities for things I'm working on. And it would overlap with FreqFinder's functionality and FreqFinder is meant to be the transmitter management app. Not that it's out of the question, just that it's not high on my priorities for features. I hope you understand.

Is there a way to change volume by up or down increments rather than a set number?

Kind of like how you would do it manually?

Lectrosonics has not provided that remote control functionality in their SMs. I believe the reasoning behind it is that there's no concrete feedback on whether a remote control message was received. Lectrosonics recommends that you execute the tone multiple times to be sure. That wouldn't work so well with incremental changes.

Obviously this would need help from Lectro themselves, but any chance of a dweedle tone to change the LF cut?

Hi James,

OK. We will add six dweedle tones for the six roll-offs to the dweedable units starting April 1, 2015. This will be the SM series, LT, and WM transmitters plus new transmitters as they come. The firmware can be retrofitted here at Lectro on older units. There will be a charge for opening and programming the units with a discount for multiple units. Something like $100 for the first unit and $50 for each additional unit on the same repair order. WM's will be $120 for the first unit and $65 for additional WM's.  If you or a warranty repair station have the capability of programming the transmitters using our LectroLink programmer, the firmware is free. 

The SM series requires LectroLink. The LT can be easily programmed from a computer into the USB port. The WM is a special case to be done here only since it must be resealed and pressure tested to maintain its water tightness. 

Please don't hold me to dates and costs since we have just started working on this but this should be close. We will make the tones available to NewEndian as soon as we have tested them out.

Best Regards,
Larry Fisher
Lectrosonics

Hi James,

OK. We will add six dweedle tones for the six roll-offs to the dweedable units starting April 1, 2015. This will be the SM series, LT, and WM transmitters plus new transmitters as they come. The firmware can be retrofitted here at Lectro on older units. There will be a charge for opening and programming the units with a discount for multiple units. Something like $100 for the first unit and $50 for each additional unit on the same repair order. WM's will be $120 for the first unit and $65 for additional WM's.  If you or a warranty repair station have the capability of programming the transmitters using our LectroLink programmer, the firmware is free. 

The SM series requires LectroLink. The LT can be easily programmed from a computer into the USB port. The WM is a special case to be done here only since it must be resealed and pressure tested to maintain its water tightness. 

Please don't hold me to dates and costs since we have just started working on this but this should be close. We will make the tones available to NewEndian as soon as we have tested them out.

Best Regards,
Larry Fisher
Lectrosonics

Thanks Larry! Hopefully my UK service centre (Raycom) will be able to undertake the mod.

• 7 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Having trouble using the LectroRM app with my Lectrosonics LT (A1) transmitters.

The sleep, audio gain and lock modes respond perfectly to the dweedle tone, but the frequency mode is not working properly in blocks 19 & 20. In block 470 all frequency functions work great. When I select a new frequency, as example, block 20 / 0C-513.200 (see photo) the transmitter will select the block 470.

Transmitter S# 674 firmware 1.06

Transmitter S# 860 firmware 1.07

Both purchased December 2015 and New Endian LectroRM app (ISO) purchased in January of 2016.

Tram TR-50 Microphone

Any ideas on how to correct the problem would be well appreciated.

Thanks,

Mark

LTLectroRMweb.jpg

I have an issue with SMa transmitters and the app in Android; when changing levels in the app, the level indicated in the app is reflected on the transmitter, but seven steps below that of the app. I.e if I choose level 20 on the app, the transmitter will show level 13. The app has worked perfectly before so this is something new that's happened like maybe a week ago.

I'm using a HTC one m7 with a custom rom (figuring this might be a culprit, but that doesn't explain why it's worked before).

Thanks for two awesome apps! Keep up the good work