New Lectrosonics SM Remote App, "LectroRM"

Solid Goldberger

I am not sure what you mean, Richard. The presets should be able to store any selected block and frequency.

The Preset feature is meant to allow people to keep a record of their settings for their transmitters. I usually keep all of my channels in the presets and when I need to change a frequency on a transmitter, I do it under Default Preset so that I can go back to the original channel later.

-James

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Changed channel a couple of days ago when testing app. Didn't put it back. Last night wired some visors. All taped in. No transmitter on the receiver. Crap!

Utility guy "Can't you scan for it?"

Me "Ugh! Is it that hard to get to?"

Utility "Kind of."

Light bulb!

"Let's use the same app to set it back to the channel it should be on!" - Duh!

Great app, but even at very quiet settings it'll change other receivers nearby if you're not careful.

The range is only only about 3 feet before audio multipath interferes, no matter the sound level. Try it and see what you get. I've been known to be wrong, some times in a grand and glorious fashion, shouting all the way. I'm on vacation, so I can't go and test one.

Best,

LarryF

Changed channel a couple of days ago when testing app. Didn't put it back. Last night wired some visors. All taped in. No transmitter on the receiver. Crap!

Utility guy "Can't you scan for it?"

Me "Ugh! Is it that hard to get to?"

Utility "Kind of."

Light bulb!

"Let's use the same app to set it back to the channel it should be on!" - Duh!

Great app, but even at very quiet settings it'll change other receivers nearby if you're not careful.

Nice job NewEndian! Now watch as you get swamped accommodating all our new feature requests and bug fixes!

My thoughts:

- I like it all on one page.

- Would like an affirm answer on if the dweedle tones change between blocks or if the block selection is only to show you the correct freq for the hex key. For example, if I know I need to change a particular transmitter to E8 do I need to change the block selection for it to take the dweedle tone correctly?

- I like the presets. Very useful in a reality show situation where you have many talent, or more talent than transmitters and you are trying to setup assigned channels to individuals. I can see using it in the case that you mic up "Sally" with "Jane's" transmitter pack on accident and then need to quickly turn that transmitter back into "Sally's" mic per se.. This is also a great way to remember gain settings for different talent with different types of voices. Don't take it away!

- On my Android (EVO running 2.3.something) the dweedle volume seems to default to my last media volume setting, I would prefer the App to set the volume back to the last media setting I set within LectroRM. As is now, it seems to always default to mute so I need to first open the app, then pull up the volume slider, then perform whatever change I need to make. Would be great to remove a step.

Thanks, great work! You've got at least two users here in Chicago now.

-Derek

Thanks, Derek! I am happy to take into consideration any criticisms that people have. I do after all want this to be the definitive app for this purpose. Once I feel comfortable that it is at that point, I'll move on to my next app ;)

Affirmative: block and frequency choice do not affect the tone. Only the hex code matters.

Presets for Android are not going anywhere.

I programmed in purposefully to set the volume to zero when the app appears on screen as a safety measure. I figured the volume slider was easy enough to use that people could flip it up when they start the app, and it plays a sample tone while sliding so you know how loud the control tone will be. I suppose I could put a preference in to give people the choice to keep it from reseting to mute.

James

App store on your device should have a little notifications icon with a number for the apps that can be updated. Alternatively if you go back to the LectroRM page in itunes on your computer the "Buy Now" button should be replaced with an update button. Then it will update next time you sync.

James

Thanks, Derek! I am happy to take into consideration any criticisms that people have. I do after all want this to be the definitive app for this purpose. Once I feel comfortable that it is at that point, I'll move on to my next app ;)

Affirmative: block and frequency choice do not affect the tone. Only the hex code matters.

Presets for Android are not going anywhere.

I programmed in purposefully to set the volume to zero when the app appears on screen as a safety measure. I figured the volume slider was easy enough to use that people could flip it up when they start the app, and it plays a sample tone while sliding so you know how loud the control tone will be. I suppose I could put a preference in to give people the choice to keep it from reseting to mute.

James

thanks, very useful app for android, esp the preset function. i like the 1page design more, all settings are visible at one glance.

as mentioned before, i would prefer if the volume of dweedle playback is stored, once set. i wouldnt care too much if the app is not muted on startup.

i would even prefer some kind of a rogh metric display of playback volume, without prelistening of the volume, or an option to switch off the prelistening sound.

.....and some kind of extension to facilitate freq coordination in a multichannel setup would be cool.... :-)

Update Android users: Volume reset and Tone Played on Volume Change can now be enabled or disabled in the Settings page

thanks, very useful app for android, esp the preset function. i like the 1page design more, all settings are visible at one glance.

as mentioned before, i would prefer if the volume of dweedle playback is stored, once set. i wouldnt care too much if the app is not muted on startup.

i would even prefer some kind of a rogh metric display of playback volume, without prelistening of the volume, or an option to switch off the prelistening sound.

.....and some kind of extension to facilitate freq coordination in a multichannel setup would be cool.... :-)

It is very easy to program...

While I'm not familiar with C#, I do know that it is similar to Java and Objective-C in many ways. But I'd still have to learn the apis required for the platform. And I'm not at all familiar with .net in general. And I don't even know what the general look and feel of Windows Phone is like to properly utilize the built in gui controls. Plus I'd still have to set up the development environment for it, as well as purchase a device to test it on (despite having emulators) and learn their app store system.

Mostly, I just don't want to promise anything and make people wait months to a year to make good on it. But I am looking into it. As well as looking into the blackberry platform ;)

James

The range is only only about 3 feet before audio multipath interferes, no matter the sound level. Try it and see what you get. I've been known to be wrong, some times in a grand and glorious fashion, shouting all the way. I'm on vacation, so I can't go and test one.

Best,

LarryF

In a car, it's hard to be 3 ft. away.

A brilliant App, and a great feature on the SM.

Every gig I'm on this app comes in more handier each time.... Director today was in shock when I whipped out the phone and adjusted mic level!

I was chasing down some interference on Block 19 in downtown Westwood yesterday morning, and used the app for the first time on the job to change frequency. The extremely busty young woman who was mic'd was pleased that I didn't have to manhandle her to get to the transmitter. :)

--Marc W.

You are doing a great job already.

I will double boot my htc in android when I need to use the app.

Thanks

While I'm not familiar with C#, I do know that it is similar to Java and Objective-C in many ways. But I'd still have to learn the apis required for the platform. And I'm not at all familiar with .net in general. And I don't even know what the general look and feel of Windows Phone is like to properly utilize the built in gui controls. Plus I'd still have to set up the development environment for it, as well as purchase a device to test it on (despite having emulators) and learn their app store system.

Mostly, I just don't want to promise anything and make people wait months to a year to make good on it. But I am looking into it. As well as looking into the blackberry platform ;)

James

I just read through this entire thread... YOU ROCK JAMES.

Looking at people's requests, I would have to agree (even before buying, which I will do tomorrow!) would it be possible to have the presets on the Iphone as well, such that we could setup a few options with freq and level, maybe with a name field for quick programming as they are passed out?

For me, that would really increase my speed in the morning, b/c I could just force a program into each after powering them up, rather than fumbling around for the right transmitter for a specific actor to wire.

This may already be there, but the volume reset option like on Android would be good on the iphone too, I don't worry about mine - This will be installed on an iphone 3G that doesn't have a sim card anymore, so I don't need it killing my volume when I start the app each time.

A page with frequency coordination charts would be cool... But I like the Venue scanner anyway, so that is more of a would-be-nice item.

Just had a huge problem with the app. :-[

Had a situation with 6 simultaneous wireless mikes, and had some intermod/interference issues that required that we change the frequencies after six actresses were miked up. We tried changing the freqs on three of them -- no go. Had to drag the girls off-set and do it manually. (The Senator and I must have had our hands on at least 20 different breasts this week, give or take.)

The displays on the SMa's read: Freq Err. I suspect that when we tried to use the app the app to change frequency, there was too much ambient noise in the studio for the transmitter to clearly get the code to switch to the right hex value.

Even getting right on top of the lav (1" away) and holding the iPhone speaker very close did no good. Kind of hard to yell "quiet on the set! I'm changing frequencies!" which is sad.

Interestingly, putting the transmitters to sleep or waking them back up worked every time.

--Marc W.