Using TRX900s and Lectrosonics UCR401 in a bag

Soundmind

I have 2 Lectrosoncis UCR 401(blk 26 and 27) and a Zaxcom TRX900s [edit: Block 25] in my bag. When I do a frequency scan with the TRX900s off, there are very little RF activity, but when the TRX 900s is turned on, there are RF activities through out the spectrum of both UCR 401s which reduced my range greatly.

I am using a UM 400 with the blk 26 and a UH400 for the blk 27. I experience occasional dropout on the UM when the talent moves around.

Question:

1) Should I stop using the Zaxcom together with the Lectrosonics?

2) Where should I best position my TRX900s?

3) Should I use a high powered transmitter, ie UM 450 or SQMa minimize the problem?

Thank You!

Thanks!

RF spray from Zaxcom TX's has been greatly documented on this site, I've never seen an issue with a receiver reported though...

Some people have success with RF blocking fabric, best practice is to move the offending component as far away from the others as possible (external pouches on petrol bags work well)

RF spray from Zaxcom TX's has been greatly documented on this site, I've never seen an issue with a receiver reported though...

Some people have success with RF blocking fabric, best practice is to move the offending component as far away from the others as possible (external pouches on petrol bags work well)

Thanks for the suggestion. I have tried to place the TRX 900s on my harness and on a pouch (but still connected to the bag). I guess I will try with an external pouch like a waist pouch.

If you can, swap out the Zaxcom gear for the same stuff in a lower block. 3+ blocks of separation between a Zaxcom transmitter and any other RF receiver seems to be a good rule of thumb. See if you can get it in block 20-23.

The other suggestions here are also good but getting the zax frequency farther away from your other RF will do the most good in my opinion.

If you can, swap out the Zaxcom gear for the same stuff in a lower block. 3+ blocks of separation between a Zaxcom transmitter and any other RF receiver seems to be a good rule of thumb. See if you can get it in block 20-23.

The other suggestions here are also good but getting the zax frequency farther away from your other RF will do the most good in my opinion.

Not sure of the cost - but Zaxcom can do a block change.