Miami Equipment Rental

john Quinn

Hi Everyone

I am going to Miami next week on a doc for British TV and might be looking to hire some radio mics locally. Can anyone recommend a hire company in Miami that might have Audio Ltd 2020/2040 that will work in the local area.I have 2020 on CH69 and 2040 on CH38 but not to sure if these will work in Florida.Production may also be looking to hire some camera equipment.

Thanks everyone.

Best John

Hi Everyone

I am going to Miami next week on a doc for British TV and might be looking to hire some radio mics locally. Can anyone recommend a hire company in Miami that might have Audio Ltd 2020/2040 that will work in the local area.I have 2020 on CH69 and 2040 on CH38 but not to sure if these will work in Florida.Production may also be looking to hire some camera equipment.

Thanks everyone.

Best John

I live near Miami and there is no audio gear rental place here. Nearest would be TAI Audio in Orlando about 250 miles North of Miami. Audio Ltd rental is very rare over here, Lectro is the in stock rental brand. If you think you'll need other frequencys then I would arrange for them before you get here. www.taiaudio.com . For camera rental it would be www.midtownvideo.com. Scot Lenter is the rental Manager at 305-669-1117. Miami can be a hotbed of RF so I can't say for sure what frequency will work just when you need it. Frequencys here above 698mHz are illegal but no one checks. Good Luck.

Eric

There is also http://budgetvideo.com. I hired a lot of audio stuff there earlier this year. Service is ok, the stuff they have isn't but they can order stuff via other places. I got my selection of audio gear I wanted (5x 788t recorders, schoeps microphones etc. ) I doubt if I would recommend it because I needed testing for 3 days and several rycotes where not ok, some gear was not there at the first testing day etc.

There is also http://budgetvideo.com. I hired a lot of audio stuff there earlier this year. Service is ok, the stuff they have isn't but they can order stuff via other places. I got my selection of audio gear I wanted (5x 788t recorders, schoeps microphones etc. ) I doubt if I would recommend it because I needed testing for 3 days and several rycotes where not ok, some gear was not there at the first testing day etc.

That's why I didn't list Budget.

Eric