Boom Pole case

soundtrane

I usually prefer something a bit lighter. Fly rod cases do the trick pretty well.

http://www.cabelas.com/product/Fishing/Rod-Reel-Storage/Fishing-Rod-Tubes-Cases%7C/pc/104793480/c/104812380/sc/104541480/Cabelas-434-Diameter-Travel-Rod-Tubes/710873.uts?destination=%2Fcatalog%2Fbrowse.cmd%3FN%3D1102356%26WTz_l%3DSBC%253BBRprd710890&WTz_l=SBC%3BBRprd710890%3Bcat104541480

Bass Pro Shops- White River Fly Shop Rod Tubes

"1000 denier Cordura® material over a tough PVC protective tube. These lightweight, airplane friendly rod tubes are outfitted with YKK zippers, and are lined with nylon for additional padding."

6 sizes, from 28" to 60" (2.5" id) ($23-25 cheap)

Update: I just received this tube for my K-Tek 100CC. Can't get a more perfect fit..

$23 (less shipping and tax) Item # 42131328 28" Rod Case.

Note: The dimensions does not include the 1.25" foam inserts at each end, so the inside length is about 2" longer than stated the BassPro website

post-1774-0-58555300-1316374482.jpg

• 4 months later...

For cart gigs I carry two or three dressed booms mounted on the cart, but for smaller jobs here's what I use. It holds both a 13' K-Tek Pole with a 416 in full Rycote windscreen and Windjammer, and an 8' vDB pole with Schoeps installed. Both mics are dressed, mounted, and ready for action. I have foam inserts that hold the longer pole in position and I pop some foam pipe insulation around the vDB to keep it from rubbing against the other boom.

Works great and when someone asks me why I'm carrying a gun onto the set, I just smile and say, "Nobody gives me any flack."

http://tinyurl.com/7tz9mal

And at $34 it's a great bargain.

For cart gigs I carry two or three dressed booms mounted on the cart, but for smaller jobs here's what I use. It holds both a 13' K-Tek Pole with a 416 in full Rycote windscreen and Windjammer, and an 8' vDB pole with Schoeps installed. Both mics are dressed, mounted, and ready for action. I have foam inserts that hold the longer pole in position and I pop some foam pipe insulation around the vDB to keep it from rubbing against the other boom.

Works great and when someone asks me why I'm carrying a gun onto the set, I just smile and say, "Nobody gives me any flack."

Whoa! Now that option I like! I intend to carry in it exactly what you are. Perfect. I'll be ordering one of those up!

"Nobody gives me any flack." That's a keeper, as is the repurposed case, Mr. Blankenship.

I'm not certain I have what it takes to pull that off, but I'm gonna meditate on it over the weekend and see where that gets me.

-- Jan

I purchased an Alfa Case BoomTube which is about $90 bucks IIRC. Depends on your boom pole size. Not a cheap option.... but is a hard case that takes up little real estate

http://www.alfacase.com/Boom_Tube.html

Yea I had seen those first and after realizing they are just like what you can build yourself I decided to go that route.

I made a PVC tube. 3 inch PVC. Go to a tackle shop or Bass Pro shop and get the PVC lids for fishing Rods. Pretty much a sealed cover on Bottom and a water proof top lid that snaps open with a lock hole as well. You can put a strap through the strap slits as well. Works great, lightweight, safe, perfect.

Oh and most important... It only costs about 25 dollars

Me and quite a few rental places here in Germany use polypropylene pipe commonly used for wastewater in buildings.

They fit Ambient poles perfectly, the pole foot fits in the sleeve and any hardware store provides lids and washers, sealing the boom quite water and airtight.

Costs under 5 Euro.

156239_marley_htrohr_01.png

Well, got the rifle case today and its going work, but it is too small to fit a Rycote Full windshield Kit 4 attached to a K-Tek K-152CCR boom pole attached together. If I didnt have the right angle base on it it would have been a perfect fit. Needs a lot more padded for my perference, but a quick trip to my local craft store will fix that. For now I placed it in the case so you all can see how it fits. Fits great once the WindShield is removed from the pole and laid on top. Again, this is the rifle case from amazon: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000P3WPXM/ref=oh_o03_s00_i00_details

post-3241-0-77186200-1328331356.jpg

post-3241-0-95781100-1328331357.jpg

post-3241-0-06704700-1328331359.jpg

post-3241-0-04878800-1328331360.jpg

post-3241-0-09914200-1328331361.jpg