Certainly!

100 Mode = Lectrosonics 100 Series

200 Mode = Lectrosonics 200 Series

Mode 3 = Sennheiser HiDyn Plus

400/Hyb = Lectrosonics 400 Series Digital Hybrid

Mode 5 = Lectrosonics IFB

Mode 6 = Shure UHF (pre UHFR)

Mode 7 = Audio LTD 2020/2040 series

Had a test with Lectro SRb and Sennheiser SK50 two years ago.

The compatibility mode only sounded good when I lowered the gain on the Sennheiser, that's what the key test made obvious. I needed to send about 20dB less into the SK50 to have as good results as if there was a Sennheiser receiver.

A question in he same vain (not meaning to hijack):

Sending a Sennheiser 2000 Tx into a Wisycom Mcr42 gives me a stable, good sounding, but very, very low signal (raising the noise floor considerably). Both using the "Wisy" and the "Senn"-companders. Is the "Senn"-compander modelled for the HiDyn and not the HDX? Anyone know?

And yes, I just mailed Wisy too... :)

Sending a Sennheiser 2000 Tx into a Wisycom Mcr42 gives me a stable, good sounding, but very, very low signal (raising the noise floor considerably). Both using the "Wisy" and the "Senn"-companders. Is the "Senn"-compander modelled for the HiDyn and not the HDX? Anyone know?

As mentioned before on this post by Pyers from Raycom, Wisycom's Senn mode is for HiDyn Plus, while EVO mode is for HDX.

The Sennheiser compander that Wisycom uses, labeled "ENR-WISY" in the US models and "SENN" on the European, is HyDynPlus.

As far as I know that's not correct. ENR-WISY was their first companding mode, and it is for using with Wisycom's Tx's exclusively, both in Europe and US.

As mentioned before on this post by Pyers from Raycom, Wisycom's Senn mode is for HiDyn Plus, while EVO mode is for HDX.

As far as I know that's not correct. ENR-WISY was their first companding mode, and it is for using with Wisycom's Tx's exclusively, both in Europe and US.

There was no "EVO" mode on the MCR42 I was using. Is that a software update?

SEN compander is for 5000 Senheiser series, and EVO for G2, G3 and 2000.

• 1 month later...

I have for testing a US model Wisy 42 receiver.  The companding menu on this receiver includes:

ENC 1.2

ENR 1.2

EVO

AL

SR

SEN

ENC Wis

ENR Wis

Previous contributors imply that SEN and ENR are both Hy-Dyn Plus, while others disagree.  Can we get a clarification of all these Expander modes?  

What is SR? When tested with Lectro 400 transmitters in modes #1 through 6, none sound good and level is very low.

• 6 months later...

Travis, we did some tests here with a UM200c with UCR211 and UCR411a (set to 200 mode) receivers. In general, what we found agrees with what you've described. 400 Series transmitters in 200 mode will work very well with 200 series receivers, but 200 series receivers with 400 Series receivers in 200 mode leave a little bit to be desired. We did find that if you push the gain on your UM200C and then back off the output level of the 411A (or the input on your mixer) that the results could be improved. However, this does mean that you'll be "tickling" the limiter in your U200C perhaps a bit more than you would want. That said, we found it to be usable when set up this way.

Hope this helps!

• 7 years later...
7 hours ago, IronFilm said:

How do Lectrosonics receivers in Mode 6 sound when receiving from Shure UHFR transmitters? (if it works at all?)

Not particularly well. UHFR "audio reference companding" is quite a bit different from the older "UHF" compandor that they used prior to the UHFR series, and what Mode 6 was based on. It may be OK for scratch, VOG, and the like, but for critical applications, I would not recommend it.