MKH 815T suspension/windshield suggestions

Karri

Well, looks like I got a great deal deal on a bazook.. a Sennheiser 815T. Now, in addition to doing push-ups so I can actually boom with the mic, I'm gonna be shopping for a Kleintuchel-XLR adapter and obviously a suspension mount and windshield that are up to the task of housing this monster.

Any other suggestions than Rycote? Rycote would probably be great but it'll end up costing several times the price of the mic. ;D

Well, looks like I got a great deal deal on a bazook.. a Sennheiser 815T. Now, in addition to doing push-ups so I can actually boom with the mic, I'm gonna be shopping for a Kleintuchel-XLR adapter and obviously a suspension mount and windshield that are up to the task of housing this monster.

Any other suggestions than Rycote? Rycote would probably be great but it'll end up costing several times the price of the mic. ;D

My answer is near the bottom of this thread:

Yeah, I'll have to keep my eyes open. No luck at the moment, though... Anyway, can't wait to have the mic at the end of a pole with a full zepp and fur and the cable. I remember the first year of film school (no real booming experience at that point) I had an MKH 70 on a fully extended 5.5 m (or so) pole, and THAT was a pain. And supposedly an 815 is around double the weight of the 70...