Seeking Production Crew (L.A.)

Saw this, and posting in case someone is interested:

" Hello,

I'm seeking a small production crew of two people, someone for sound (w/equipment) and a camera operator (w/equipment). I'm shooting a 30 sec commercial for a contest, so the shoot will only take an afternoon. My budget is very small, but I can pay $40 plus gas for your trouble. I'm planning on shooting November 6th. Please email back if this interests you and the kind of sound or camera gear you own. Thanks! "

Guess someone snapped it up:

" Hello,

I am responding to your ad for production crew with equipment.

I can provide 2 people with camera and sound equipment. My new iphone has excellent quality sound and picture so the second person is not really necessary as I can do it all. The $40 you are offering for an afternoons work is more than generous and the fact that you are adding money for gas, well that almost made me weep. You see I have a gas guzzler that will only use about $200 worth of gas to get to your location, so I am so glad you will include that. "

• 2 weeks later...

I saw this the other day, for a camera job but just as ridiculous. I got a laugh out of It:

View Job

Job Title: Director of Photography (Shooter/Producer/Director)

Job Start: 11/01

Job End: 11/01

Total Weeks: 52

Show Name:

Network: NBC

Company:

Job Description:

creative shooter/field producer/director needed for two ongoing network lifestyle programs. must be an excellent storyteller, tech savvy and a pro on Panasonic HVX 200, great at lighting with totas and soft box and setting up beautiful shots quickly, able to run your own audio. editing on FCP (the job is not an editor but you may do some string outs), knowing how run VO tracking etc, organizing, labeling and transferring footage after shoots. must be good with directing talent, blocking out shots, etc. strong enough to carry your own gear as we don't have a PA. reliable transportation a must as some shoots are across town but mileage is paid.

PAY IS 1300/week FIRM. i know it's low but it's all we got. for that you get a potentially long term network freelance gig that shoots all year, you won't shoot weekends for the most part and you'll work regular days 10-7. a lot of shoots are 1/2 day, and you get to hang out with a great team!

please send link to reel.

Apply for this job!