AR788/CL8 Knob Interference

Dan Mazur

I recently purchased the AR788-CL8 case for my recorder/controller and have had trouble with the sides of the case being pulled in from the top/back of the case and either pressing or limiting access to the volume/data entry knobs on either side of the 788. This leads to such fun situations as locking down or triggering the data knob mid-take, resulting in erratic toggling between HP monitoring modes and sometimes accidentally arming/disarming a track or filter when I'm configuring tracks on the fly. I'm using the AH-3M3 Portabrace harness with carabiners connected to the middle cordura strap ring (as opposed to the pair at the base of the case, which tilts the rig down and away from me if used.) Has anyone else experienced this issue? Any suggestions on how to rig this properly would be greatly appreciated.

Dan,

I have that case for my 788 as well, it isn't ideal, but is very workable.

I don't have it in front of me, but IIRC first thing I did was zip tie the base of the front pouch D-rings (where the nylon strap goes through, not where you would clip on) to the main bag d-rings.

Then I added some mini carabiners to the too-small silver rings. That way I have a nice easy place to hook in. Choose the rings depending on your setup, but I find that the middle set works pretty well for most uses.

The recorder is out on a rental, I can take some pictures when I get it back.

That's weird ! I have the same kit. And I really appreciate the AR788CL8 bag because you can have easy access to the two sides knobs easily.

To me it's really a better bag than the Camrade's one : you can't access easily to the knobs.

I have added too 2 carabiners.

See in the photo : even when the SD788 is on the harness i have easy access to the knobs.

gallery_2748_21_73974.jpg

• 2 weeks later...