Zaxcom Nomad - operating questions, plus tips & shortcuts

Jack Norflus

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just posted this on the Zax forum. Thought I'd post it here to see if anyone agrees with me.

"My only request so far would be for a home page that lists at least Card Track 1 (which is always my mono mix track), and inputs 1-6 so I can see the location of the auto-trim diamonds.

An alternative would be to place the auto-trim diamonds on the card track page, obviously only for the tracks which are ISOs, and not a mix of inputs. For example, card track 1 would be a mono mix, and would have no auto-trim diamond. Card tracks 2-6 are all ISOs and would have the auto-trim diamond of their respective inputs. I'd never have to leave that homepage."

Just posted this on the Zax forum. Thought I'd post it here to see if anyone agrees with me.

"My only request so far would be for a home page that lists at least Card Track 1 (which is always my mono mix track), and inputs 1-6 so I can see the location of the auto-trim diamonds.

An alternative would be to place the auto-trim diamonds on the card track page, obviously only for the tracks which are ISOs, and not a mix of inputs. For example, card track 1 would be a mono mix, and would have no auto-trim diamond. Card tracks 2-6 are all ISOs and would have the auto-trim diamond of their respective inputs. I'd never have to leave that homepage."

+1

So far anyone have problem with version 4.14? Mine once have pointer error and once froze one me. Did a boot loader upgrade to v14. Now I go back to boot loader v12 and testing back on version 4.02.

4.09 seems to be a good choice for versions higher than 3.13E (not 4.02). Note you should stay with boot loader V14 . It will not effect how the machine runs but will prevent your screen from staying black when you try to re-program your unit (if you have the bright screen mod). I am posting v4.18 soon which will remove the routing limitations.

-howy

4.09 seems to be a good choice for versions higher than 3.13E (not 4.02). Note you should stay with boot loader V14 . It will not effect how the machine runs but will prevent your screen from staying black when you try to re-program your unit (if you have the bright screen mod). I am posting v4.18 soon which will remove the routing limitations.

-howy

i notice in your description of 4.14 on Zax forum you say:

"Fixed problem with HighPass filter on ch 7-10 if turned on they mess up mic/line settings on ch1,2"

Was it just swapping mic to line and vice versa?

From my perspective of what was happening was that the phantom power was getting affected and not powering the mic fully, (what was really happening under the hood I don't know). There was a work around I found to correct the issue and continue to work, but this all has been resolved now :)

My dealer made me an AES output cable for my Nomad, Output 1&2 from the D-Sub port to an XLR.

The cable is working with the digital input of the PD4 we used for test,.

I tried 2 time to use it with Sony XDcam, i get nothing..., tried to look for anything i could change in the cam menu..

I remenber to have used a few time the 552 AES output with the same kind of cam , and it took me half a sec to make it work..

Anyone with an idea of the problem?

I've given up on updating my nomad for now. Doing it everyday gets pretty old. Since I'm not working much these days, I'll just wait til a few days before the next job and do it then.

It's best to settle on a stable version of firmware and update (or down-date) to that version prior to any important job. Have a CF card dedicated to that version and include your tried-and-proven settings files on the CF so you can do a factory reset and then reload your preferred settings.

During slack periods is the best time to "wring out" any of the newer versions -- especially, since version 4.xx is still in beta.