Zaxcom Nomad - operating questions, plus tips & shortcuts

Jack Norflus

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This might have been covered here somewhere but no, I can't find it :) so......

My question is: Are the AES outputs on the Nomad only accesable through the DB-15 connector? Are the XLRs only analouge?

That is one thing I WISH the Nomad had and that I loved in the 552 outs. The ability for the XLRs to be analog or digital depending on the user setting. It would be mighty powerful if the Nomad XLR inputs could be selected as analog or digital.

That is one thing I WISH the Nomad had and that I loved in the 552 outs. The ability for the XLRs to be analog or digital depending on the user setting. It would be mighty powerful if the Nomad XLR inputs could be selected as analog or digital.

Agreed this would have been a great feature

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

XLR's are analog or digital on the SD 788T

That is one thing I WISH the Nomad had and that I loved in the 552 outs. The ability for the XLRs to be analog or digital depending on the user setting. It would be mighty powerful if the Nomad XLR inputs could be selected as analog or digital. Yeah, thats too bad :(. Kind of weird as Zaxcom is pushing this as the "all digital recording platform", to "hide" them like that. Much prefer it the way the 552 and 664 does it. But Im sure there's some technical reason for it.

And 4 more for the ins...

If they 'were' switchable, each already existing XLR input would accept 2 channels for a total of 12, not counting the returns on the side which could therotically accpet 8 more digital ins on the ta5s. same with the outs, each already existing xlr would out put 2 channels and 4 channels for the TA5's. Again, these are just what the connectors are capable of, I don't know how the actual guts on the inside would change.

This is how it works on the 552, select digital instead of analog in the menu and the Left XLR will output both L&R digital audio instead of just L analog audio. and the selection of what is outputed can also be modified.

I put my CF cards in and hit the on switch but it stops at the 'loading saved settings' line of text.

Try holding the STOP key while booting to reset your settings to factory defaults.

If that does hot help, you could send me a short video from your cell phone to howard att zaxcom etc....

-howy