Zaxcom Nomad - operating questions, plus tips & shortcuts

Jack Norflus

Hey Jack,

Sorry if I missed this but can you route TC to track internally for transcription purposes?

Currently no - but when the USB recording feature is fully implemented then yes. At this point as far as I know TC will only be routable to an actual track to either micro SD or USB recorder - not the primary or mirror card.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So not available for Nomad 6...

Too bad.

Glenn have you taught about implementing recording function on the ERX1TCD which can be used for transcription?

Currently no - but when the USB recording feature is fully implemented then yes. At this point as far as I know TC will only be routable to an actual track to either micro SD or USB recorder - not the primary or mirror card.

Hi Jack or Glenn, I'm currently using a Nomad 4 and updated to 2.61. Do I have to hold tone for 1.5 seconds or will there be an option to have an intermittent tone that I can do 2 quick bursts after a take? -Also where can I purchase a bnc to 1/4" cable to jam my slate? or can I take a bnc cable and solder a 1/4" plug on the end?

When my Nomad arrives I must have the 1.5 seconds hold for tone.

I do not understand why you want that off...

Since Tone button doubles as a channel setup and is being used during a take, I would not want to accidentally engage it without the hold preventing it from happening.

Also I hate soldering BNCs. So I get a quality BNC cable that equals twice the size of the cable I need.

I cut it in the middle and solder whatever plug I want.

I make another BNC cable with the other side.

Hi Jack or Glenn, I'm currently using a Nomad 4 and updated to 2.61. Do I have to hold tone for 1.5 seconds or will there be an option to have an intermittent tone that I can do 2 quick bursts after a take? -Also where can I purchase a bnc to 1/4" cable to jam my slate? or can I take a bnc cable and solder a 1/4" plug on the end?

Does somebody know what this is:

Zaxcom Nomad 4 Fader Expansion Module

Product Code: SZAX4FDRM

http://www.pro-sound.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=PSS&Product_Code=SZAX4FDRM&Category_Code=new-products

This is the optional 4 hardware fader module. You would get this if you wanted to have hardware faders vs using the virtual faders for inputs 7 - 10.

This module is not available yet.

When my Nomad arrives I must have the 1.5 seconds hold for tone.

I do not understand why you want that off...

Since Tone button doubles as a channel setup and is being used during a take, I would not want to accidentally engage it without the hold preventing it from happening.

Also I hate soldering BNCs. So I get a quality BNC cable that equals twice the size of the cable I need.

I cut it in the middle and solder whatever plug I want.

I make another BNC cable with the other side.

Rado, I was just curious because based on previous mixers that I have used I am used to have a momentary switch for tone. Also it it feasible to purchase the remote audio bnc to 1/8 timecode cable and use a 1/4 mono adapter to jam my denecke?

Glenn,

Why one view shows track names and other input numbers?

Can we have the number 01 plus name?

01aaaaaa

02bbbbbb

ECT

zaxc%2520name.png

zaxchannel.jpg

Currently only the record track names can be assigned a name. The input channels can not. And yes you can assign both numbers and letters.

By the way if you want lower case letters just hold down the menu knob to asscess lower case.

The 4 fader add on is on hold. We thought we might need it before we came up with the 4 fader home menu to supplement the 6 hardware faders. Being able to control groups of channels as a fader master also helps to eliminate the need for more hardware.

The way the unit came out we can easily mix 10 analog inputs at one time with just the hardware that is there. We do not see any need at this time to add size, weight, cost and a possible RF spray problem to Nomad.

Glenn

Thanks Jack.

Would changing input channel names be possible in the future?

As far as I know it hasn't been discussed as of yet - but I'm guessing that software wise it would be easy enough to implement.

Like I have mentioned here before Nomad is truly in its infancy stage and for the most part anything is possible.

If you like you can message Glenn directly with ideas, such as this, and he will be taking everything into consideration for future software upgrades.

Jack,

Can you clarify something for me?

If I use the Nomad IFB to send IFB/TC to ERX1TCD can I still receive confidence return from QRX100 IFB on the camera?

As far as I know it hasn't been discussed as of yet - but I'm guessing that software wise it would be easy enough to implement.

Like I have mentioned here before Nomad is truly in its infancy stage and for the most part anything is possible.

If you like you can message Glenn directly with ideas, such as this, and he will be taking everything into consideration for future software upgrades.

Jack,

Can you clarify something for me?

If I use the Nomad IFB to send IFB/TC to ERX1TCD can I still receive confidence return from QRX100 IFB on the camera?

Nomad's IFB will allow you to transmit or receive - not both at the same time. I have Nomad set up to transmit to the ERX's and I receive confidence audio via the TRX900 into one of the TA5 returns.