Zaxcom Nomad - operating questions, plus tips & shortcuts

Jack Norflus

Well.... maybe but when MS monitoring will be implementing on Nomad... ::)

Glenn, is there any Nomad manual ? It's a little bit stressfull without.

as Glenn pointed out here, it is possible to monitor/decode M/S now. Basically make your own matrix via the card routing.

http://www.zaxcom.com/forum/showthread.php?16360-A-few-general-Nomad-questions/page2

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In card out, the TC only outputs when you go into record - if you don't want to change from card out, put the unit into record and see if you can get TC out then. To jam slates or lockits, it's easier to be in Gen out, which outputs TC continuously.

To update the software, there are installation instructions inside the .zip file of the software download. Pretty simple.

In continuous Gen out and still nothing. I tried to download 2.68 from the website but in now says 2.55 is running. ? What am I doing wrong? It has got to operator error. Blondes!

I've had this happen to me - if this happens its most likely a card issue. Try re-formatting the card as a FAT-32 in a computer first.

This is actually the Hirose 4-pin I would buy:

http://search.digikey.com/scripts/DkSearch/dksus.dll?vendor=0&keywords=hr10-7p-4p

Has a much better strain relief system and assembles faster. This is the one Sound Devices uses for their cables. Though the one Jason and Jack linked to is fine too as long as you put it together well and get a good clamp down.

The above is more expensive but only by a couple bucks.

My question was with 3 or 4 mics, and in fact 5 mics (DMS, IRT or MMAD recording). Sorry, my question wasn't clear enough. We did it today : it's easy (with "fader enable menu") to assign the inputs to a Master fader.

I saw an old post about different levels on each track even when linking, and with the same trim level. I have tested it and we haven't noticed any problem: the gain was similar on each tracks.

My question was with 3 or 4 mics, and in fact 5 mics (DMS, IRT or MMAD recording). Sorry, my question wasn't clear enough. We did it today : it's easy (with "fader enable menu") to assign the inputs to a Master fader.

I saw an old post about different levels on each track even when linking, and with the same trim level. I have tested it and we haven't noticed any problem: the gain was similar on each tracks.

Lucky man!