Zaxcom Nomad - operating questions, plus tips & shortcuts

Jack Norflus

I use Sandisc Extreme 60MB/s UDMA cards with no problem. I prefer Sandisc, and the unit mirrors pretty quickly with them.

BTW, I had my Nomad (#1 shipping unit) signed by Glen and Howie, it was cool to be in the shop and tell Glen about my ideas. If you look at firmware #2.55 my name is in there!

Is there a thread where we bring our ideas to the table? I had a few for Glen that he gladly took notes on, I'm sure everyone else has some as well. I'll start a thread if there isn't one.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Excuse the dumb question, but I'm trying to wrap my head around Zaxnet IFB having never used it before...I'm thinking the most lightweight and versatile setup for my purposes would be TRX900 + ERX1TCD + Nomad 6 + Boom

ERX1TCD -> Cam feeding scratch track & TC and TRX900 for wireless/backup recording on talent. Bus the boom and TRX900 IFB return (plus any additional wires) in a mix to the ERX1TCD.

Am I missing something? Seems weird that I could accomplish this without any additional Rx, but pretty awesome nonetheless.

Nomad software version 2.74 is now available on the Zaxcom website.

Version 2.74 for the most part makes improvements to Zaxnet operations. In addition 2.74 now allows you to change the delay settings in 0.1 milliseconds increments versus 1 milliseconds, plus there are some small improvements to battery metering.

Rich Gin here -- short time reader, short time Nomad user.

I can't seem to get tracks 7/8 to route to output 2 on my Nomad 8. I am assuming this is some entry-level operator error. I can monitor the tracks fine, and I get strong levels in the fader window, so there're *there* as far as I can tell. They just don't do what I say.

I've spammed the Zaxcom board with this question as well.

Go to the Output Bus Assign - Click twice on the cross point for R1 or R2, for the output bus you want to send it to. The first time you click on that crosspoint you should see an "X" which is post fade than the second time click you will see you a "P" for pre-fade. That should give you what you are looking for.

operating question... used the visual slate feature today and pressed the menu button to get it to freeze for the camera but I didn't get at the addible tone with it. Do I have something set up wrong? or do I need to turn it on somewhere?

operating question... used the visual slate feature today and pressed the menu button to get it to freeze for the camera but I didn't get at the addible tone with it. Do I have something set up wrong? or do I need to turn it on somewhere?

You need to have tone routed to the output bus that is feeding the camera.

Hey Guys,

Just got my Nomad 6 yesterday and trying to figure things out. First, i have a brakeaway cable made by Trew and my HP return is on 1&2.... How do I access that on my HP? do I need to make a custom HP mix or there's a shorcut for it. Also, cant find a way to name scenes and take numbers!!! And, there's a shortcut for false takes?!?!

Thanks