Zaxcom Nomad - operating questions, plus tips & shortcuts

Jack Norflus

I'm running on 3.13 at the moment. I really doubt I'd have pressed stop twice, since I'm running on the mode that requires a press of a second or so for the rec and stop buttons though. For me it's stop twice then pressing menu for a while to delete a false take.

It might not hurt to have an option which, when turned on, would move false takes to a special "thrash" folder instead of outright deleting them.

Isn't that an option to choose? It has been in the Deva forever. You select if false takes are marked or deleted. By marked, it adds something to the filename and they end up at the bottom of the folder. 

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh nice!!

I ve been waiting for this one for a while.

This will save alot of time. How many presaved names can it hold?

Next features i m waiting for is first the ability to customize some information on the sound report and second select wich view you want to scroll through on the screen. I often only just want 2 views and going all around everytime is a time waist.

Good job zaxcom on keeping improving the software!

Isn't that an option to choose? It has been in the Deva forever. You select if false takes are marked or deleted. By marked, it adds something to the filename and they end up at the bottom of the folder. 

Yes but deleted by moving to a Trash folder rather than actually deleting and then needing special software to recover, like it's been on the Mac forever.

Next features i m waiting for is first the ability to customize some information on the sound report and second select wich view you want to scroll through on the screen. I often only just want 2 views and going all around everytime is a time waist.

Good job zaxcom on keeping improving the software!

You can "park" 2 screens by using the Menu + Slate buttons and Menu + Com buttons, without having to cycle through all the screen options.

Marc

The last time I checked I think this version I think was the minimum recommended one. The Nomad hasn't seen that much use. I will definitely update after I'm back from the shooting trip I'm on now, of course. Luckily on this trip I'm going straight to camera (while recording for backup of course).

What are you all running your card and output compressors at? I know *somewhere* in this thread there was some discussion, but I'm not finding it. Searching 32 pages for the word "compression" mostly leads to neverclip talk. Factory settings seemed fine, but I remember discussion of some people adjusting them for certain situations or cameras, and that's the discussion I don't recall. I've been fiddling with it a little, and especially on the outputs I am always wondering what's been producing good results with various cameras. Mostly unscripted doc/reality stuff where I never get feedback from post and may be on the show for a few days as they are in town. That's the stuff that I will never ever hear back about. 

What are you all running your card and output compressors at? I know *somewhere* in this thread there was some discussion, but I'm not finding it. Searching 32 pages for the word "compression" mostly leads to neverclip talk. Factory settings seemed fine, but I remember discussion of some people adjusting them for certain situations or cameras, and that's the discussion I don't recall. I've been fiddling with it a little, and especially on the outputs I am always wondering what's been producing good results with various cameras. Mostly unscripted doc/reality stuff where I never get feedback from post and may be on the show for a few days as they are in town. That's the stuff that I will never ever hear back about. 

I've been using these setting for my card and output compressors. They work quite well and sound very transparent.

Attack: 4ms

Decay: 50ms

Threshold: -4db

Ratio: 10:1

Gain: 0db

Mark O.

• 3 weeks later...