Zaxcom Nomad - operating questions, plus tips & shortcuts

Jack Norflus

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...

searched but can't find an answer...

Is it possible to assign the vfaders? or do they only apply to the analog return inputs? If they are virtual faders surely we should be able to assign from the 'fader assign' page?

I'm using a mixture of 6 AES inputs and 2 analog... at the moment it looks like the only way I could potentially mix the 8 inputs utilising vfader is to make a TA5 cable to go into the returns.... does anyone know of any other way?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

These things are buried a bit but I will say that it's nice that the menu system remembers what item you last adjusted. Makes it a little quicker to get back and adjust, say, the LCD brightness when going from outside to inside and back again.

Once you get used to the interface everything is pretty quick. The less button combo shortcuts I have to remember the better I say.

These things are buried a bit but I will say that it's nice that the menu system remembers what item you last adjusted. Makes it a little quicker to get back and adjust, say, the LCD brightness when going from outside to inside and back again.

Once you get used to the interface everything is pretty quick. The less button combo shortcuts I have to remember the better I say.

+1

• 3 months later...

From Kortwich: VCP-M4 for Zaxcom Nomad

7b0f3c6691.jpg

1568a865f1.jpg

7ea952c515.jpg

208b032e4b.jpg

Input Panel:
4x Mic input
Hirose DC IN und OUT

Front Panel:
4x Channel fader
4x PH 48V ON/OFF

Output Panel:
4x OUT (Nomad)
Power LED ON/OFF

--

My German level of language does not help me to find more information about this product. It's additional mic preamps and line output for full 10 mic preamps as I understand. 690€

Cool to see other accessories being developed by other manufacturers. Thanks for sharing Vasileios.

If I'm understanding this VCP-M4 unit correctly, I see some potential design flaws with it though:

- Outputs should be on the right side, not the left side, so that you can patch into the Returns of the Nomad which are on the right side.

- DC In and out should be on the left side, not the right side, so that you daisy chain power into the Nomad which has its hirose 4-pin on the left side.

- While the TA5F make sense for the outputs, as you can easily do TA5F to TA5F cables to go from this unit to the Returns on the Nomad, the TA3F for mic inputs does not make sense to me.

Anyhow, just some thoughts.

From Kortwich: VCP-M4 for Zaxcom Nomad

7b0f3c6691.jpg

1568a865f1.jpg

7ea952c515.jpg

208b032e4b.jpg

Input Panel:

4x Mic input

Hirose DC IN und OUT

Front Panel:

4x Channel fader

4x PH 48V ON/OFF

Output Panel:

4x OUT (Nomad)

Power LED ON/OFF

--

My German level of language does not help me to find more information about this product. It's additional mic preamps and line output for full 10 mic preamps as I understand. 690€

For this special times when you need 10 booms in a scene...

I'd say TA5 are for outputs (logic integration with nomad Ta5 line input) and TA3 for the inputs.

OK. I think if you follow the link and look at the picture, it doesn't seem to corroborate your statement, but the labels may be weird, so I don't know for sure. And actually, I don't care.

Someone send Kortwich an email?