Recording phone conversation

saadasound

I'm working on a shoot where I have to record a phone conversation between 2 people. I'll be in the room with one person and the other on the phone. I've done this before with a phone hybrid, but I don't have access to one. I was just thinking about planting a lav near the speaker and just put the call on speaker and lav the person in the room with me. Any other alternatives?

Thanks

If you're recording with a phone with a regular 3,5 mm tele jack you can use that as well. Unless of course you need to see the phone's empty jack.

Been thinking about that recently as well... Is there a software for cell phone conversations that can record via Bluetooth? I did a show a month back with a lot of phone interviews using an iPhone or android, and we had to go for the cable solution, which had the interviewer/reporter turning the phone as far away from the camera as possible.. Not optimal. If one could just simply record the conversation through Bluetooth it would all be just dandy!

• 2 weeks later...

Get a JK audio cell tap. You use 3 phones. Do a 3 way call. One phone is connected to the cell tap. Mute the tapped phone so no audio goes to the recording from the tapped phone's mic. Voila done. If you need to see the person dialing you can either have everyone on the line already and fake it or have the person call the tapped phone and then quickly add in the other person to the 3 way call.