Zaxcom TRX900 new boards input gain problem using it on talent (lav) with QRX100

Boomboom

Got the board changed in my TRX900AA recently and now, using it with a brand new QRX100, I get that noise in the background.

I used to use this Tx with an RX900 so maybe using it with the QRX is different ? I tried different settings but no success... what settings do you guys use in terms of dB levels on your Txes ?

What's your "gain structure receipe" with recent TRX900s and QRXes ?

Thanks

Attached, the file: going (1) from noise of this combo to (2) another mic I got rigged with no noise, then back to (3) that setup which gives me trouble now...

Pete

trx900-qrx100 noise level.wav

• 2 weeks later...

Unit came back after confirmation it's been checked ok but still with that noise.

Tried different things like cheating at the mixer input (cranking it up a little more or lower relative to reference tone), playing with mic input gain at the Tx all to find a better compromise.

No success; still that fryin'eggs background.

I thought maybe it could be the DPA mic (I use 4063 too) but simply unplugging the mic makes no difference so I guess it's when I put the Tx in this mode, as opposed to "STA100 mode" for cam hop. Maybe the internal converter ? I don't know...

Too bad for me since I was going to use it as cam hop and talent mic depending on types of shootings.