Red Epic

Right on Phil, thanks. Its just questionable if they will want to sync anything on this shoot I am doing and dont want to annoy camera department by hanging an SBT off the camera unless its totally needed. I am meeting with the camera boys at the rental house today and will work it all out.

Cheers (as we say in this part of the world:)

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First day with the Epic was very un-epic. I didnt have any problems with the SB3 velcroed on. But the camera freaked out 4 or 5 times during the day. The AD reckoned we lost up to a full hour of our shooting day due to the camera. The DP, video assist and camera crew had very little conplimentary to say abou the Epic.

I did some testing yesterday and it the Epic did hold timecode through a power cycle and also after having the battery pulled. I still wouldnt trust it and much prefer having the syncbox onboard, finding somewhere to put it on this camera is not easy! mine ended up on the back of the touchscreen. The provided 4 pin cables had TC in over the Yellow BNC.

Fan noise was considerable but not an issue as we did windy exteriors all day.

post-857-0-69768700-1327605521.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

It could easily have been selected for resolution alone. I did a shoot not long ago for which the Red was used because of the high resolution. It was green screen and they wanted the option of trimming the image however they wished in post. Hence, its choice over an Alexa.

One glitch wherein a clip number was inexplicably jumped, had the DP and DIT scratching their heads for a half hour -- other than that, reasonably uneventful camera-wise.