Issue with Zaxcom TRX900AA recording feature

JDirckze

So up until now I've not really had a reason to play with the recording feature of my Zaxcom TRX900AA as I've used the 552 internal recorder instead. I'm heading to a friends wedding tomorrow and he asked if I would mic up the Celebrant, so I thought this would be a good opportunity to try out the recording feature of my TRX.

I decided to do a couple of test runs before the wedding so whilst on location this afternoon I did some recordings to the TRX from the output of my 552, and then when I got home I took off the STA150, added my DPA4063 and mic'd myself up for 20 mins.

I used Zaxconvert to transfer both files to 24/48k WAV files, but both files were unusable. There is a lot of interruptions and what I can only describe as "hits", though there shouldn't be any RF interference in both instances.

I'll be taking the TRX in to my local dealer as soon as I can, but in the meantime, was just wandering if anyone out there may have experienced this before and knows of a fix, or if perhaps (most likely) I am doing something wrong.

The TRX900 is updated with the latest firmware.

Thanks everyone!

Jason

Like everyone else mentioned it could very well be a card issue.

I've been using Transcend 4 Gb class 6 with no issue.

Also just to rule out that it wasn't a Zaxconvert issue try to re-attach the STA and play back the card in the TRX. If its clean - there was a Zaxconvert issue - its doubtful but worth a try.

Transcend "no class" 2Go card: no problem (#TS2GSDM) (Mini SD) ***

Transcend Class 4 4Go card: no problem (#TS4GSDMHC4) (Mini SD)

Transcend Class 6 8Go card: no problem (#TS8GUSDHC6-2) (Micro SD with Mini SD adaptor)

*** (cards failed almost the same time after 3 years of use, replaced by Transcend (warranty); no more available I think since "class" cards)

Looks like it was a faulty card. I went and bought a new Transcend 4GB class 2 card and that worked perfectly, and I also tried a Lexar 8GB Class 10 card and it seemed to work perfectly too.

Fingers crossed it works during the wedding ceremony!

Thanks again for all the help.

see if you can get hold of a class 6 transcend. but bear in mind, about 2 years ago i got some 4 gig transcend mini SD cards that worked fine. after one got lost, i replaced it with 2 more. the replacement cards i got 2 years later would not work.

the class 6 micro sd cards i have, and i have been using on my current job (we have 48 4 gig class 6 micro sd cards) have been faultless (so far. hoping typing this doesnt curse us)