Zaxcom "LA" series transmitters...

Boomboom

There are topics about LA transmitters (on the Deva Users Group), which are LT series but with two AA batteries but can't find any information or picture about that; is there a webplace where we can see one ?

There's questions about possibly upgrading LT to an LA (can't figure how it would be possible without changing the frame), etc... would be nice to have more information. :)

Thanks.

We have been slow to promote the TRX900LA because every batch we make instantly is sold out. I think we are now beyond that problem and info should be arriving soon. The TRX900LA is a 2AA version of the TRX900LT. It is 125mW and lasts for about 7 hours on 2 AA lithium batteries. All units come with recording standard and Zaxnet remote control with power roll TM (pat. pending).

There is no upgrade from an LT to an LA. There are too many different parts internaly that make this possible.

Glenn

• 5 months later...

Is anyone selling these? I can't find a price on them. Also, anyone know if they take any other batteries besides Lithiums? Lithium re-chargeables maybe? I'd wait to Monday to call Zax but I'm a little eager to find out.

I found a price online somewhere. Google isn't helping right now. I feel like they were ballpark $1500 USD. You can use rechargeable AA batteries, though the disposable lithium will run longer. I use rechargeables (mostly powerex brand) in my TRX900 with decent results. I try to be 100% rechargeable when I have the ability to make that call.

Thanks for the info everyone. I've been contemplating going either the Zax or Lectro route for my wireless systems. One of my concerns was having to buy Lithium batteries for all the gear. Being able to buy the 48 pack of AA's at Costco for $12 has surely been a life saver. I haven't had much luck with reliable rechargeables, then again I've been buying the energizers from Target.

Thanks for the info everyone. I've been contemplating going either the Zax or Lectro route for my wireless systems. One of my concerns was having to buy Lithium batteries for all the gear. Being able to buy the 48 pack of AA's at Costco for $12 has surely been a life saver. I haven't had much luck with reliable rechargeables, then again I've been buying the energizers from Target.

AA NiMH are great and inexpensive. I used to have a lot of problems with my AA's even when using premium ones like the Sanyo Eneloop. I also used to never discharge the batteries all the way down and was also guilty of topping off the batteries right before I was going to use them. I purchased this charger.

http://www.batteryju...16aa-tnrgy.html

51U2Nv%2B1lKL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

In addition to being a 16AA charger, it has some other advantages too... it can charge a single cell (Sanyo charger can on only charge in pairs, and the charge logic circuits are not independent per cell). You can put it in a mode where it will deplete the charge from a battery and then charge it back up, to prevent memory effects from building up (again logic independent for each individual cell). It even runs off of 12VDC and comes with a vehicle power adapter and could be run off of cart power in a pinch. I no longer top off batteries, and if there is enough time from wrap to call, will deplete the charge from batteries that had not been completely discharged. In the last couple of months, I've only had to discard 1 battery out of an inventory of about 60 or so.

Are you using G2 or G3 wireless now? Those are some of the only ones that will get anywhere with alkaline AA batteries. The Powerex, Ansmann, and higher capacity eneloop AA batteries are pretty good. I use them in my Lectrosonics SM series, and they will go over 12 hours in a G2. Not the runtime of lithium, but less batteries to recycle. They will pay for themselves pretty quickly. A little more work than disposable batteries, but very doable.

I ordered mine from gotham. 1695 each. Took about 2.5 weeks. I am using 2700 mah powerex maha rechargables and get about 5 hours in power roll going from 50mw to 125.

I really like the options Zaxcom provides in their wireless and I really want to compliment my Nomad with Zaxcom wireless, but there is always a reason to stay away. 5 hours is not enough...

• 3 weeks later...

I really like the options Zaxcom provides in their wireless and I really want to compliment my Nomad with Zaxcom wireless, but there is always a reason to stay away. 5 hours is not enough...

I have 3 900 LT transmitters and one 900LTH. The LTH is set at 25mw and the others are set at 50mw. I get at least 6-7 hours out of the LTH at 25mw with a lithium battery.

I felt the same way being first spoiled by how G3's treated AA's and my lectros eating 9v's for breakfast. I am content with running 125mw on my TX with rechargables and swap out batteries once a day. I personally have not tried a Lithium battery with my LA's yet.