Lectro Preco-ord List & IAS

chris_bollard

This is a question to all the RF gurus on the forum.

Why is it when I enter Lectrosonics Pre-coordinated 16 frequencies for a block (in my test case bk28) does my IAS software find errors?

On the same track, how come Lectro promotes 16 channels within a block and when I get IAS to generate a list of frequencies does it only ever find a maximum of 15?

Chris,

Group C and D in block 28 seem to work better than A and B in Australia.

I've just been around Australia twice and Auckland twice in the last 4 months with no problems apart from Nerang in the Gold Coast.

Admittedly I was using the 411's out of a bag set up which increases range incredibly but group C and D should work for you without intermod.

Give me a call if you wanna chat some more about it but I'm finding C and D to be fine and currently using them with block 26 and 24 with 8 ifb also. Total of 28 radio mics and 8 ifb without problems.

Good luck

Peter Mega

What you up to Mega that needs 28 channels of RF? Are IAC'ing - stroke my JoeCo and say "Hello" to it if you are.

Lectro themselves have recently clarified this exact point to me in the last month. The 16 channels outlined for each freq block within the Lectro manual is not, it appears, a guaranteed 16 channel intermod free plan - merely an advisory guide to 16 frequencies that have the least likely hood of interacting with one another (but not necessarily running them all at the same time). I agree the IAS spits out 15 max for the same span. Therefore Lectrosonics are NOT claiming that the system per se is capable of running 16 simultaneous transmit frequencies. If you're using SR receivers - forget it - I've been trying unsuccessfully to get anyway near 16.

Thx Pete & Richard

Great to see someone else getting same response as me

On top of 16 BK28 (411 receivers in bag unfortunately) got three in 26 and IFBs in 21 and 27. Four camera links as well as Comms and video links (5) in 5.8Ghz

Only had to retune up on Barrier Reef, moved from groups C & D to A & B.

Next trip is remote location so I don't forsee any major RF issues. The talent are on the large size so when they are grouped together (huddle) is when I'm struggling and was wondering if it is IM.

" I need 16 Tx in the one block at IAS will only give me 15 max "

IAS software is being more fussy (theoretical) than practical: It is warning you that if you group all the TX's together in one small sack, and put all the RX's together side by side and vertically stacked up, there might be some issue with a 7th order harmonic, or whatever...

25 MHz is a lot of spectrum! OTOH, other interference issues (besides TV broadcasters, are likely to play havoc, so in the end, you will have some trial and error testing to deal with...

and of course you could get a bit of help by calling...

Unfortunately I need 16 Tx in the one block at IAS will only give me 15 max

I've used IAS quite a bit - perhaps my settings will be helpful. For one thing, I find IAS in stock form to be too conservative. Go to the "Tools" menu, then "Options". Un-check "3 TX 3rds" and "5ths" in the Test Enable area. I have never had any problem with triple beats or 5th order intermods, using high-quality gear.

As John Steigerwald pointed out - ignore the pre-coordinated lists. We have stopped including them with products lately - there is just too much going on in the spectrum in most places to rely on those charts.

Let us know if relaxing the testing criteria yields enough channels - it should.